Going to start my Whole30 on June 10th

Physibeth

I know this is still quite a bit off but it isn't an arbitrarily picked date by any means. I've obviously been around this forum quite a bit lately and I have read It Starts With Food and I have been about 95% compliant to W30 standards for 65 days and counting. I started with a 30 day meal plan from practical paleo and have mostly stuck to those guidelines. I want to do a proper Whole30 though just to reinforce that the non Whole30 foods I'm eating are really ok and to experiment with breaking up with my scale and not logging. I've had great results with Paleo so far and looking forward to finally embarking on a Whole30. If anyone is thinking of starting around the same time it would be great to have a group.

• Moderators

Good for you! I'll probably still be continuing with my seemingly interminable Whole30 then.

And just a heads up, I was paleo and pretty compliant leading up to my Whole30, and it still knocked me out with its powers. lt's kind of like being married is different from living together, imho.

I'm definitely interested to see what differences it makes. The only thing I allowed myself on my first 30 days that is no no on Whole30 is grassfed butter and very very little honey. Since my first 30 days I've added in some cheese and had french fries and chocolate a few times. I think the biggest challenge for me is going to be losing the scale and not logging my food.

I know this is still quite a bit off....If anyone is thinking of starting around the same time it would be great to have a group.

It's good to plan ahead! ;) I am planning on doing a 10-day AIP starting on June 10th. There are too many weekend trips between now and then to make it a viable plan for me to succeed in. :huh: I loved my first Whole30 so it's possible I will be doing another one with AIP thrown in the mix....haven't decided on that yet. Summertime is such a hard time for me since I do a lot of traveling to see family but I am working on the realization that there is always going to be something that comes up and I need to be able to adapt.

Looking forward to June 10th! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am working on the realization that there is always going to be something that comes up and I need to be able to adapt.

Oh, isn't that the truth! It can be a hard line sometimes though, because you don't want to set yourself up for a failure. But it's easy to get stalled before you even begin. As easy as my Whole30 has been, I've been kicking myself a bit for not getting started months ago. But then I tell myself that everything has its time, and maybe I just waited until I was really ready.

If you have not read "It Starts With Food" yet do so! 

I'm planning to tape the rules and the food template to my fridge. I'm also meal planning out my proteins for the next month tonight so I can do a big shopping trip with my 10% off coupon for my food co-op.

Having a plan and a good understanding of the rules are the biggest keys to success I believe.

I want to start on June 10, too! Can we start a group? I've been trolling the June 1 starter group, but maybe a smaller group would be helpful since we are starting on the same date and will have the same experiences. Thoughts?

First Whole30 for me....and it will be tough. Traveling the first week....and I love summer fun (i.e. winery visits). But I know I can do this!

If you have not read "It Starts With Food" yet do so!

I'm planning to tape the rules and the food template to my fridge. I'm also meal planning out my proteins for the next month tonight so I can do a big shopping trip with my 10% off coupon for my food co-op.

Having a plan and a good understanding of the rules are the biggest keys to success I believe.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have the meal template hanging in my office but the fridge is a great idea! If I had tried this without reading the book first, I would have been very confused by it all. There is a lot of misinformation out on the web in regards to this way of eating.

Good luck! Not that you'll need it!

Starting today, too. Usually just a "lurker" on forums, but really feel the accountability and sharing of ideas would be so beneficial....really pushes me out of my comfort zone! I would love to be a part of a group, if possible! :)

Archived