Best way to cook spaghetti squash

I adore cooking spaghetti squash in my slow cooker. Mine is oval so it works great. I dont do a thing to it. I just pop it in whole. 4 hours on high and let it cool just a few minutes for easier handling. They are so much easier to cut after they are cooked.

I saw this somewhere a few weeks ago and forgot all about it! I have some squash that will be going into my crockpot very soon!

So I put my acorn squash in on high for 4 hours and went to bed. Not sure how long the post cook warm cycle lasts but I didn't return to it for at least 12 hours. I thought it was a bit on the overcooked side but not so much that I didn't polish the entire thing off between two meals today. Nom! If all squash (pumpkin??) can be cooked this way I may never ever cut into a raw squash again.

So I put my acorn squash in on high for 4 hours and went to bed. Not sure how long the post cook warm cycle lasts but I didn't return to it for at least 12 hours. I thought it was a bit on the overcooked side but not so much that I didn't polish the entire thing off between two meals today. Nom! If all squash (pumpkin??) can be cooked this way I may never ever cut into a raw squash again.

Very awesome Beth. I have been avoiding acorn squash, but no more!!

Archived