Stressing Out

Well I am in Arizona, just found out that my dad is going to have open heart surgery... so I will be here much longer then I thought. The thing is, no one understands my new lifestyle and they are always trying to get me back on my old bad habits. It is so frustrating. I hope I have the will power to hold out and not hurt anybody! :) LOL

I hope your dad recovers well!

Where ever you are staying, ask if you can use a portion of the refrigerator and/or cupboard for your foods. I have such a hard time believing family members try to get loved ones to eat things they don't want to eat, but this afternoon my husband left me some carrot cake (my favorite) to try. It was probably the 10th time he's offered me some sugar during my 20 days of Whole30. I don't know why he does that. No pressure to eat it, just mindless offering. I guess he is so used to me eating sugar non-stop that it is difficult to imagine me any other way. 21 days ago, I'd have bitten off his arm if he didn't leave me some carrot cake! :angry:

Hang in there and maybe make a plan of quick, easy protein foods you can eat when in a bind for healthy options with the family. Offer to make some meals that can be used as leftovers. Pick the good ones so they can see we actually enjoy food!

You are listed as a "newbie", but are you post Whole30? Where are you in the plan?

Archived