Day 1 - So excited! Calling other Sugarholics

LindaLee

Day 18 is now day 0

I just realized that my calms has Stevia in it, so on day 18, I am starting over.

What I am not doing is bingeing because of a mistake. I thought I would do 45 days anyway, so I am continuing this journey with this bump.

Lindalee, Sorry about your run! You have to take care of you!

Sara lee, I meant all the Paleo food staring at me, saying "whatcha gonna do with me, huh?"

Pam, sweet potatoes seem to get sweeter each day, even organic ones!

Christi, love your attitude! You are doing great!

Yeah, I didn't like missing the run, but a friend of mine who lives in town and was a very serious runner said there's no way she would've run in that weather, so I felt better about it. Didn't want to just be a slacker or wimp out because I was sore. It was nice to sleep in, though!

Yay, ladies! We are all doing AWESOME!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 9 is off to a good start. I got some good sleep last night, though I'm puffy again today, who knows why, grrrr. I've been trying some new anti-inflammatories, but I think they're actually making things worse. So I'm going back to my faithful fish oil and red deer antler and nothing else.

It's a cooking day for me! Have already made turkey hash for breakfasts, and sweet potato fritters, and Paleo mayo. Getting ready to make chicken and tuna salad and get other salads ready for the week, then hopefully the hubby and I will be able to spend some time outside on this lovely day.

Day 18 is now day 0

I just realized that my calms has Stevia in it, so on day 18, I am starting over.

I Don't feel that it was my choice, just my ignorance.

It's my fault I didn't read labels.

What I am not doing is bingeing because of a mistake. I thought I would do 45 days anyway, so I am continuing this journey with this bump. I just realized that my calms has Stevia in it, so on day 18, I am starting over.

Don't feel that it was my choice, just my ignorance.

It's my fault I didn't read labels.

What I am not doing is bingeing because of a mistake. I thought I would do 45 days anyway, so I am continuing this journey with this bump.

Lindalee, Sorry about your run! You have to take care of you!

Sara lee, I meant all the Paleo food staring at me, saying "whatcha gonna do with me, huh?"

Pam, sweet potatoes seem to get sweeter each day, even organic ones!

I made the same Stevia mistake with my coconut kefir water. I actually did NOT start over at that time, but ended up face first in cookie dough a week later so I started over anyway...

My (organic) sweet potato this morning was like pure sugar! The joy of awakened taste buds.

Wow, Christi, props to you for starting over completely. I think I accidentally had stevia within my first week (sneaky ingredient in my herbal tea), but I'm honestly not sure when or if, so I didn't bother to start over.

I hope I soon get to the point where my taste buds "awaken" and sweet potatoes are TOO sweet for me. Maybe once I lay off the fruit, it will happen! ;)

Anyway, I'm pretty excited today, because it looks like I may soon be moving, at least temporarily. Living with my parents is a huge stress on me, which very often leads to stress-eating, so hopefully I'll see some improvement in MANY different areas. I'd appreciate some prayers that things start to turn in my favor! Next up, finding a more stable job...

Wow, Christi, props to you for starting over completely. I think I accidentally had stevia within my first week (sneaky ingredient in my herbal tea), but I'm honestly not sure when or if, so I didn't bother to start over.

I hope I soon get to the point where my taste buds "awaken" and sweet potatoes are TOO sweet for me. Maybe once I lay off the fruit, it will happen! ;)

Anyway, I'm pretty excited today, because it looks like I may soon be moving, at least temporarily. Living with my parents is a huge stress on me, which very often leads to stress-eating, so hopefully I'll see some improvement in MANY different areas. I'd appreciate some prayers that things start to turn in my favor! Next up, finding a more stable job...

Prayers for you!

Long day of cooking - it's one of the things I DON'T like about this mode of eating, but between work and Crossfit it's really the only thing that's worked for me. Today, I prepared:

Turkey hash (with squash, celery, and mushrooms)

Sweet potato fritters

Chicken and tuna salad (pretty basic - tuna or canned chicken with celery and mustard/mayo)

Paleo mayo

Salads with greens, cucumber, celery, tomatoes and Paleo mayo

Banana/avocado "pudding"

I also cut up jicama and green apples and put olives in little containers <g>

Pretty much all I usually have to do when I get up in the morning is grab containers and throw them in my lunch bag! Good for me, since I try to stay in bed as long as possible, LOL.

Had a good breakfast with compliant bacon, eggs, sweet potato fritters, orange and olives.

Lunch was leftover beef and veggies, carrots, tomatoes, and green apple.

Still really sore from Friday. Hoping it dissipates by tomorrow so I can go to Crossfit, where I'm praying we will not be doing wall balls or squats!

Oh, I forgot! I also got to order a bunch of fun stuff today:

Tea - I love Rishi tea. Black Vanilla bean is my breakfast tea, and they also have one for sleep that doesn't have soy or stevia in it.

Organic cocoa powder from Penzey's

Organic lemon juice (Vitacost)

Apple corer, LOL - my old one broke!

And the best of all - a new order to US Wellness meats for more bacon, steak, and meat sticks. Also ground beef and chicken breasts. Can't wait! It's pricey, so I only order about once a month or so, but it's sooo worth it.

Kind of a roller coaster kind of day, mostly for silly reasons...

It started out nicely. Got up with some energy, and my quads finally are starting to loosen up. I think I pulled a muscle in my right one, but at least I can make some speed down the stairs again. I didn't go to Crossfit tonight - it was deadlifts and box jumps, and I'm not entirely sure I could've done box jumps tonight. :)  Got to drive my Tacoma to work, which made me so happy, LOL. It was like slipping into comfy jeans to climb up behind the wheel...just felt so wonderful. Had a spring to my step at work, felt mentally sharp, and got quite a bit done.

Breakfast was my usual...

Lunch...chicken salad (from the Success Guide, though I only had celery in it with the chicken), salad with greens, cucumber, tomatoes, and Paleo mayo, and the avocado/banana/cocoa combo. It was 1:00 before I ate - the day was just whizzing by! I was looking forward to replacing the stereo in my Tacoma, making plans to get it tuned up and in top notch condition...

Then my husband called, to say the deal he had been working on for his new truck had fallen through. He was headed to a second location to see if they could meet his terms.

I got home, washed dishes, did a few things around the house. 

My husband called a few minutes after that to say the second deal had fallen through too, which was really annoying because he had driven well over an hour to that dealership, because they said they would give him the amount he wanted for our trade-in. Then when he got there, they were all, "Oh, sorry, can't do that!" 

So. Anyway. It looks like I'm stuck with my Mazda for a while longer. Sigh. I miss my truck.

AND I found out the salt I've been using for I don't know how long has dextrose in it. DEXTROSE! Really?? I mean, it's an anti-caking thing or something like that, that comes with the iodine, but still. I was about ready to ditch it all and go to the store for some kosher salt and ice cream. Stupid, right? Bummed out because I can't have my truck back and my salt has a teensy tinsy amount of salt in it.

But I posted on the forum, and folks said, nah, don't worry about restarting, it's not enough to worry about, just buy some other salt and keep going. 

Of course, that doesn't help with the truck deprivation depression, LOL. But I'll get my truck back eventually.

So. I put some bacon in the oven and had some of that plus two salmon cakes, some homegrown carrots, and cherry tomatoes. And a green apple.

It was an "I want what I want when I want it" day when I didn't get what I want, LOL!

You?

I just checked, and my salt has dextrose in it, too! Uhhh, wtheck?! I don't know what to believe anymore...haha

Today I decided I am going to take a rest from working out for at least a few days (maybeee a week?!)...I realized I haven't taken more than 2 days off in a row since...February? I guess you're supposed to take a break every 6 weeks, but I'm terrible about following that. Hopefully I'll come back more focused.

I went out to eat for the first time since starting the Whole30/Lifestyle.  We went to Outback Steakhouse...I got salmon & veggies  and specified no butter or seasoning, so hopefully it was compliant.  I honestly never even realized before that they used butter & the seasoning has gluten in it, but that explains why it would always give me stomach issues  <_<

Anyway, looks like I will be moving sometime this week and will be without internet until I get it hooked up. Hopefully I won't go stir crazy before then haha  

Have a good night, ladies! 

Day 11, and probably the first day I have felt really hungry. Not sure if it's because I haven't been to Crossfit since Friday, or I've been eating less the last couple of days - for some reason, whenever I have chicken or tuna salad, it just doesn't satisfy me as much as a ground turkey/beef with veggies does. Not sure why - maybe I don't eat as much, or...? Also, I ran out of salad fixings so my regular salads were a little thinner than usual :(

So, the usual breakfast.

Lunch: Tuna salad plus a couple of pieces of bacon that I baked in the oven last night, salad with Paleo mayo, and avocado/banana/cocoa concoction. 

Dinner was late, because my husband and I went to buy his truck! He decided to go with the best deal, so we went after I got off work. Though the process was pretty quick, it still takes a while, so it was close to eight before we ate. I fired up some more bacon - I have a package from US Wellness that I need to use before it goes bad, and I didn't have time tonight to bake it - and mixed it in with some broccoli, then added some leftover meat and veggies, baby carrots, and another serving of avocado/banana goodness. 

My husband seems pretty happy with his new truck, and I am tickled pink to be back in mine. Can't wait to get the new radio installed, and get it in to my mechanic for a bumper to bumper inspection and clean up of anything that needs it, and then clean it from top to bottom! The only pang we both have is trading our year-old CX-5 and its 30 mpg for the truck, but we're just not car people. So we're a 3-truck family again, LOL. 

I'm hoping to get back to Crossfit tomorrow after all this vehicle stuff. I'm anticipating a kind of challenging day - this is about when I weaken, and my husband will be away for the next two nights. If I can make it through Wednesday and Thursday, I'm pretty sure I can make it at last.

How's everyone else doing?

Day 12...

Was kind of a struggle today in some ways. Busy, busy day...fun and crazy at the same time...but I had a few hours of truly powerful cravings. I really wanted ICE CREAM, LOL! I had asked my husband to call me around 2:00 (usually my peak craving time) and give me a stern directive not to buy any, but it turned out I didn't need it then...I needed it after I went to the chiropractor! But I managed by going STRAIGHT HOME. No stop at the grocery store for spinach or coconut milk. Straight home.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the home of one of my fellow Crossfitters, after the WOD. We're going to have some Paleo meatloaf and just have a girls night. That will keep me on the straight and narrow for then! And I'm hoping that once I get past day 15, I'll be on the downhill side! Woohoo, girls!

Today:

I had my usual breakfast. Tomorrow I'm going to add some additional carrots. Have just been way too hungry.

Lunch - salad, chicken salad, and avocado/coconut milk/banana concoction 

Was so incredibly hungry by the end of the day. This just is not enough food for me - and I didn't even workout today - which is one reason why I think I had such strong cravings. I just don't snack unless I'm bored or workout.

Dinner - Wow, talk about desperation time! I had no idea what to have. I really wanted more bacon, but I wondered if some of my puffiness has been too much salt from the bacon. I went ahead and cooked six pieces - it was the last of my US Wellness bacon and I wanted to cook it and freeze it before it went bad - but I only let myself have two pieces. Dang, it was good.

So...anyway...what to eat, what to eat?? Well, here it is:

post-1961-0-28200200-1370478667_thumb.jp

This is veggie spaghetti sauce, from the Success Guide, that I made a while ago and popped in the freezer. Our freezers are completely full, so I HAVE to start eating my reserves! It's so hard...I like having it there "just in case." LOL.

Anyway, I had no spaghetti squash and no spinach (and no desire to tempt fate by going to the store to get some). I did have some frozen broccoli, so I microwaved that with some oregano and basil and topped it with the sauce. I added a few carrots, and finished with a frozen banana/cocoa/coconut milk combo that's super yummy and filling.

I still am having some struggles with a puffy and grumbly tummy, which is odd, but I suppose the natural consequence of so many months of sugar and dairy. I'm more than willing to put up with it - I know it'll pass soon.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

I've had a busy week, and it's only going to get busier when I finally get in gear and move. I'm excited but also stressed out. 

I've been giving in to emotional eating a lotttt lately. Ate a bunch of fruit and coconut butter straight out of the jar last night  :wacko: Bad idea. 

I hope everyone else is fairing a little better than me. I'm really hoping that once I'm moved I'll feel/do better. *sighhhh*

Sara Lee, emotional eating of W30 foods will be OK for now!  Good for you for sticking with the plan.

I am actually doing pretty well these days.  I think I can put together 30 straight days for a W30, but sometimes wonder if I really want to anymore.  I will keep sugar out for sure, but I'm questioning whether or not I should just add back in my oats and some cheese.  I guess I'll stick with it, but I've been W30 complaint for maybe 45 of the last 48 days and it is getting dull.  I'd love to use oats again; or at least try them.

Finish it.  Yep.  Finish.  

I'm finishing.

There is one member on this Forum (not here) that continues to respond to my comments about products I like that are additive free/organic/grass fed, etc with "we don't want to become an elitist program".  Honestly, it is getting quite comical and a bit annoying. I am starting to feel a bit stalked.   :ph34r:  If I am going to be even more honest, I think it is important to eat grass fed beef, avoid certain additives and eat some of your food choices predominantly organic.  If that is Elitist; I'm guilty.  

I get not everyone can afford to eat the way I eat, but I don't think that should preclude me from providing the recommendations or offering the *science* behind the reasons why we should be choosing grass fed or organics and what not.  There are people out there that don't know grass fed beef contains healthy omega 3s and grain fed beef does not.  Or that there are the Dirty Dozen of fruits/veggies to avoid.  Or that guar gum can really mess with certain people's digestive system.  If you are continuing to have problems despite adhering to W30, it makes sense to dig further.  

Had to vent.  Off to start Day Eight!  I hope all of you have a fantastic, sugar free day!

Pam, that doesn't make you elitist at all. You're coming from a helpful place, never looking down upon anyone else for not doing the same thing as you. Soooome people...

haha I think there are a select few people in the world who just enjoy stirring up non-sense. Good thing there are calmer-minded people to give them a nice pat on the head and send them on their merry way  ;)

Thanks, Sara Lee.  It has been difficult not to respond, but I just keep going.

Today's breakfast is yummy.

post-24563-0-57971600-1370528303_thumb.j

I've been making a habit of starting with a big bed of raw greens and tossing on a pile of the meat/veggie stir fry du jour.   Added a hard boiled egg white (only) and a tablespoon of coconut oil/ghee and salt.  Microwave for 30 seconds and the greens wilt up with the melted oil.  Ahhh... sprinkled with 2T toasted almonds for some much needed psychological crunch!

My habitual need for a breakfast of grains or yogurt has been replaced by what I used to think of as dinner.  I like it; it satisfies me.

Off to the gym quick!

I bought some 'energy chunks' that are technically W30 but contain dates.  I think that, plus fatigue, is triggering huge snacking urges.  I extended my lunch to about 1/2 hour by going back to the cabinet a few times.  All compliant, but I feel a struggle coming on today!

All of my 'bad' days (3 in the past 45-50 days) were on days I was super tired.  Why can't I resist the nasty stuff on these days?  

Can't believe it's been a few days since I've been on here! Just finishing up day 14.

Pam - heavens to Betsy on those people. Melissa and Dallas themselves say if you're going to splurge financially, do it with your meat. And that's definitely where my big grocery money goes.

Went back to Crossfit Thursday and Friday. Yay!

Thursday was a tabata - rowing, squats, push-ups, and pull-ups. I don't have unassisted pull-ups yet, but I try to use the smallest band I can. I couldn't do lot in 20 seconds, but I have it my best shot. Unfortunately I ripped my hand on the next to last round. :(

Today was 15 minute AMRAP - 10 power cleans, 10 shoulders to overhead, and 10 back squats. I did five rounds plus 26 reps with 35 pounds - not a big weight, but one I could use and keep solid form with a decent pace. No sore quads for me today!

Compliant both days...

How's everyone doing?

Archived