Day 1 - So excited! Calling other Sugarholics

LindaLee

Compliant!

My Imagine brand broth had cane sugar in it.  Poop.  I hate eaten a few bites of the lamb dish that was cooked in the broth (1lb lamb to 1/4 c broth) but I'm saying I'm compliant!  It wasn't sweet tasting so I'm sticking to my story.   ;)

I am really not tempted to break W30, but I am running out of ideas for W30 foods that are fun and easy for work.  Lacking protein and starting to opt a bit too much for raw macadamias, hazelnuts or cashews with an under ripe pear.  I love many of my fruits less-than-ripe, and I am guessing their sugar content is lower?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pam - I finally had to go online to get my chicken broth, and even then I had to be really, really careful. The kind I got is Imagine, the free range, low sodium one. Ingredients are: organic chicken broth (filtered water, organic chicken), organic onions, celery, and carrots, natural chicken flavor, organic spices, sea salt. It does say "<1 gram sugar," so that "natural flavor" may have something in it. However, at least it's not cane juice.

I have two chickens coming from a local farm tomorrow so I'll be making my own for a bit! Yay!

Day 15 - wow! Can't believe I'm halfway through! Maybe I'll make it the whole 30 days this time <crossing self>.

Had a hard boiled egg, olives, and a few sips of tea, then headed off to Crossfit. Was a little late but the coach was cool about it. Today's workout was:

Warmup: 250 meter run, 10 each of Good Mornings, wall squats, and PVC pass throughs.

Skill work: practice squat cleans (ick) and handstand push-ups

WOD: for time:

5-4-3-2-1 squat cleans (25 pounds for me, still refining form)

15-12-9-6-3 handstand push-ups (box push-ups for me)

Came home and had:

4 oz ground beef with sage/thyme/salt

2 fried eggs

Two sweet potato fritters

Olives

Tomatoes

It really was too much food, lol! I got full about halfway through but wanted to be sure I ate my veggies and fat so really overate. Next time I'll eat a little of each thing so I can stop if I get full.

Onward!

LindaLee, I will have to check the other options at the co-op.  I always buy low sodium, so I am wondering why this Imagine variety contained cane juice and the others don't?  I usually buy organic, too.  Maybe the free range is different than the organic?   Why add sugar to chicken broth?

I am going to use my pressure cooker next week to make some chicken soup with a whole fryer chicken.  I'll make extra broth and freeze it.

Okay, I've read a bunch of other posts and am going to try some different things this week to see if they resolve the issues that are bugging me.

First: SLEEP HYGIENE. In bed reading with electronics off (and NO Candy Crush Saga, LOL) by one hour before bedtime, for 8 hours sleep.

Second, FOOD:

1. go back to carrots instead of sweet potatoes at breakfast

2. Add 1/2 avocado to each day's lunch meal

3. No coconut in any form for the week

4. Green apples after lunch and dinner

5. Bigger salads at lunch and dinner

6. Meat and veggies breakfast and lunch

7. Fish for dinner

8. 72 ounces of water per day

EXERCISE

1. Crossfit Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

SUPPLEMENTS

1. Fish oil and 2 Lurong Living per day

2. Magnesium at night

And we shall see what happens! I feel relieved to have a plan.

I had to get rid of flaked coconut, Linda Lee.  It is a trigger for me to snack for some reason.  I cook with a ton of coconut oil and I drink the coconut milk in my Crio Bru every morning but that is OK for me.

I'm bored, guys.  Bored with my restrictions and REALLY wanting to get to the reintroduction phase!  I've been W30 for maybe 47 of the last 50 days and it is getting old.  Where are my oats?  Sick of avoiding dairy and legumes.  I didn't eat a ton of it, but I would be happy with eating a farro or spelt salad with black beans and feta once in a while!  Summer time, you know?

I am not wanting to get the sugar back.  I am so happy with the way I feel being sugar free.  My brain is clear and my long standing low level depression really seems to be melting away.  I am so grateful.  Still, I'm restless!

19 more days.  Yes, I can do it.  It can't come soon enough, though.

Onward!

Yeah, I don't eat any flaked coconut at all, but I have loved my coconut milk. Sigh. The only good news about this, is that if I were feeling fabulous and thinner, I would be more tempted to go off-rails. Now I can only believe that having ice cream would just make things a million times worse.

You so CAN do this! You've done it for 47 of 50...that's darned impressive!!! I haven't had oats or cheese consistently in over a year, so I finally don't miss those, but dang...those old favorites hang on, don't they??

I have absolutely no intention of staying W30 beyond my 30 consecutive days.  I do intend to stay sugar free as much as possible, but unless oats, gluten free grains, legumes and cheese bother me... they are coming back in moderation!  I pray for the ability to eat a little dark chocolate here and there, but I am not holding my breath.  I think that ability will come much, much later.

It will be nice to go to friend's homes or restaurants and order a Paleo meal without worrying if the sauce has honey in it or if the salad has some parmesan mixed in...

i just had a hot flash.  I guess that means I ate sugar.  What was in the spicy chicken I ate?  It didn't taste sweet like sugar-sweet.

Rats.

Oh, well.  I am so not starting over on Day One.  For me, I will start over if I eat chocolate, cookies, ice cream and such.

Amazing that my body hot flashes like that within 30 minutes!  Furnace.

Sorry I haven't been checking in with u guys. I had a long, stressful week which included a lot of emotional eating. I finally got moved into my house though, so once all my bills are paid for all the new junk I had to buy (gosh why do things cost money?? Haha), my stress should be a lil better.

I only have internet access on my phone right now, so my check-ins won't be too frequent. My 30 day mark is on thursday, I think. I'm extending my time though,because I feel like I've cheated even with compliant foods.

Hope everyone is doing well. *hugs*

SaraLee - so glad to hear from you! Sounds like you stayed with W30 foods, even though you were stressed. Good for you!

Finishing up Day 16. Still very discouraged by my stomach issues and bloating. <pout> Though it was somewhat better today.

Here's what I had for breakfast (hoping it isn't upside down):

post-1961-0-53618000-1370825128_thumb.jp

That's two fried eggs, sweet potato fritters, tomatoes, about 2 ounces of ground beef with sage and salt, half a green apple, and tea. Filled me up very well!

On Sundays of my husband's visitation weekends with his son, I usually end up leaving our rental house about 10 a.m., stopping at the grocery, then after I get home from the two hour drive, I spend the rest of the day cooking. It usually means I don't eat much for lunch, because I like to finish my "chores" first. Today was no different, though I did have a couple of US Wellness beef sticks when I got home, and a little bit of the turkey apple hash I had left over after dividing it up for the week. 

This week's cookup was pretty simple:

Turkey apple hash (Success Guide)

Beef and veggies (turnips, mushrooms, celery and onion)

Salads for lunch

Mustard glazed chicken for my husband (with olive instead of coconut oil as an experiment, which tasted pretty good)

Dished up salmon, hardboiled eggs, olives, and carrots for the week

And...I tentatively prepared my avocado/banana/coconut milk dish WITHOUT coconut milk. I'm not having any coconut over the next week, to see if that helps the digestive issues. I wasn't sure how it would taste, but it actually was pretty darned good. Definitely not SWYPO.

I am very happy, because I made it home without any ice cream. In the past, I've often added ice cream to my shopping cart on those every other Sundays, because my husband stays at the rental house that night (he has his son until 6:00 and it's two hours away). But I didn't even consider it tonight, partially because I had to take a detour to pick up three fresh chickens and four dozen eggs from our local farm! Yum and double yum! So I'm happy about that.

I truly think I'm going to make it this time, and I'm going to continue, since I don't see all the issues dissipating after 30 days. Plus my box is planning a Paleo challenge starting a week from Monday.

Tonight's dinner was my farewell to coconut - I had leftover salmon cakes with carrots and tomatoes and Paleo mayo, and leftover frozen banana/coconut milk/cocoa. Yummy, but I'm watching my stomach carefully. 

Have an odd bruise on the back of my knee that concerned my husband this morning, but I think it probably is from the stupid chair at Applebee's last night. At any rate, we'll be keeping an eye on that too.

Hope my sugar-resisting sistas are doing well too!

Day 17 - WOW!

Happy to report that at least some of my stomach issues seem to be resolving today. I had no coconut, in any form, all day, so I'm hoping that was the culprit.

Today I went back to some of my old favorites:

Breakfast: turkey apple hash, carrots, olives. I also mashed half an avocado in with the hash. I really don't care for avocados on their own, so this is how I make myself eat them and get the extra fat.

Pre-workout: one hard boiled egg

Went to Crossfit during my lunch hour:

Warmup: 800 meter run, followed by 3 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats

PVC mobility

Skills training: 12 minutes for max effort on L-sits (or as I call them, hanging with your knees pulled up a bit for as long as you can, LOL) and handstand walks (or handstands against the wall shuffling your hands as much as you can) 

WOD: 8 minute AMRAP:

5 chest to bar pullups (1 1/2 inch band for me)

5 handstand pushups (or for me, box pushups)

5 kettlebell swings @ 25 pounds for me

On round 5 I ripped my right hand on the pullups, ARRGHH. So annoyed. I ripped my left hand on Friday, so now they're both messed up. Hate it when I do that; it affects my workouts for the next week. But I did finish that round, and a sixth one, and four additional pullups before the end of the WOD.

Post-workout: salmon and jicama

Also had a little bit of dried mulberries (organic from US Wellness) while I was in a CPR class. WOW. These were delicious and I'll have to be careful with them, because without a doubt they could be "no brakes" food for me.

Finally got to have my lunch:

Beef and veggies, salad, and avocado/banana/cocoa "pudding."

Now technically, my "pudding" is not kosher because it's "Sex With Your Pants On." However, even without the coconut milk, it's positively delicious, but not "no brakes" for me. Again, I don't care for avocado on its own, so this is one of the few ways I can get myself to eat it. Next week, though, I will have the banana on its own, and I'll put the avocado in my beef and veggies.

Had a US Wellness meat stick when I got home, to take the edge off.

Dinner: Now this is an unusual occurrence for me. I fixed frozen salmon in a pan on the stove with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, and steamed some broccoli. Added some tomatoes, olives, and green apples:

post-1961-0-65168400-1370910865_thumb.jp

It was all delicious, but about halfway through, I was full!! I took my own advice and ate a little bit of everything, but still left most of the tomatoes and green apple. I may nosh on a few more apples before the night is over, but for now, I'm satisfied. I truly never thought this would happen!

Day 18. On the downhill side...

Felt like I slept a little better last night, but woke up at 5 a.m., went to the bathroom, and found out our water was out. This happens now and again, but it hasn't happened for a while. It's really lousy when it happens. We have a 5 gallon tank of water in our bathroom for just such emergencies, so we can at least flush the toilets, but geez. What a pain.

ANYway.

Breakfast was my usual turkey apple hash (with half an avocado mashed in), carrots, and olives. 

Pre-workout: Hardboiled egg

Crossfit workout today:

Warmup: Five minutes of doubleunder practice or 100 doubleunders and triple practice

15 lunges per leg

PVC mobility/Bergner warmup

Strength/skill:

10 minutes to establish 1 rep max on power cleans. I didn't set a new PR, but I did maintain my 1RM of 65#

WOD: 2 mile run for time

I had debated whether to go to the WOD at my usual time, 4:00, or go at lunch. It was supposed to hit 93 today (and I have no doubt that it did), and when I looked at the hourly forecast, it said it would be 83 at 11:30 and 93 at 4:00. I did the math and elected to go at 11:30. I didn't count on the noonday sun baking the asphalt - MAN, it was hot. I was completely drenched by the time I got done. My time was 18:20 - not my best, I've done 8:30 miles before - but not bad given how hot it was. It was just like the air was laying on top of you.

Went racing back to work, still drenched. Toweled off, powdered up, and changed my clothes in my office, then off to a 1:00 meeting, where I had my salmon and jicama. I definitely need to pack more jicama.

After the meeting, I got to have my lunch - beef and veggies, salad, and avocado/banana/cocoa. Was still starving when I was done, and so tired. Would have given my right arm to have a shower right that minute - fortunately, my husband called and said the water was back on and everything was fine, so I knew I could have one when I got home. Made it through the last few hours of work, then a couple of quick stops for celery, spinach, tomatoes, and salad dressing for my husband (need to find a recipe for some Paleo raspberry vinaigrette). Home to a US Wellness meat stick and a wonderful shower, then this dinner:

post-1961-0-49310200-1370996115_thumb.jp

This is spaghetti sauce from the Success Guide over spinach, with a sweet potato (I've been told it doesn't seem I'm getting enough starchy carbs) with salt and Paleo mayo. That was AWESOME. The spaghetti sauce was so sweet, I could barely eat it! Wow. My taste buds really are waking up. Oh, and some green apple. I'm very full.

And my water is feeble. Sigh.

Day 18...wait, no, 19. Wow, I'm starting to lose count, LOL!

Slept really well last night...kind of bummed, though, because my husband headed up north this morning and won't be back until Friday. :( 

Random thought: When my husband got his truck, and I got mine back, my satellite radio hookup was in the Mazda we traded for his truck. So I've been without my satellite radio for the last week and a half. I miss listening to Mass in the morning (though if I time it right, I can hear it on FM radio or on my phone), and to EWTN or the Catholic Channel on my way home. Fortunately, on Friday I'm getting a whole new stereo system put in my truck. Can't wait! :)

What a day today! 

Breakfast was my usual...turkey apple hash, carrots and olives. Man, it tasted good.

My psychology department is having Psychology Month, and today was our potluck lunch. It was great fun. I took some "energy balls" from our local coffee shop, that they promote as Paleo, but I'm not sure about the chocolate chips. I know there are chips that are Paleo, but I'm not sure that's what they're using. They smelled AMAZING. I wanted one desperately!

But I took  my own lunch with me - beef and veggies, salad, and avocado/banana/cocoa goodness - and I did just fine. Someone asked me about Paleo and the Whole30 and I happily told them about it. ;) I was still hungry afterward, even though I don't work out on Wednesdays, so I had a US Wellness meat stick, some macadamias, and some organic dried mulberries (again from US Wellness). 

Had something of a contrast today...first, I have been utterly exhausted. Maybe the heat, not enough water, hangover from yesterday's run...I don't know. And I was ravenous. I wanted something sweet so badly, I just had to tell myself to keep walking, keep working, and to go straight home after the chiropractor.

About 3:00 or so, I realized that I had almost no pain in my back. I've had a bad sacral joint for a while and have been going to a chiropractor for adjustments for not quite a year. Despite all this, I still have had back pain, and I've just accepted it as part of Crossfitting and running. It's better after I get an adjustment, worse after I sit for a long time, and so forth. But today, I just noticed more flexibility, less pain, just good stuff. And when I went to the chiropractor, he said it was the best my back has looked yet. So Hallelujah! A combo of him, Lurong Living, Crossfitting PRUDENTLY, fish oil, and above all the power of the Lord. Thank you, God.

I went straight home...again, starving. LOL.

Dinner: 2 farm fresh eggs, 4 pieces US Wellness bacon, a sweet potato with Paleo mayo, organic cherry tomatoes, and some pieces of green apple. Last night something I ate didn't quite agree with me, so I've been eating kind of slow tonight to see what happens. It's really hard to eat bacon slowly, LOL.

So here I am, having survived a day when tempting things were within arm's reach...I mean, Fritos and peanut butter cookies and all kinds of stuff...and made it home without getting ice cream. I'm still really tired, which I don't understand, but...eh. It's all good.

How's everyone else doing?

Check in on my goals:

First: SLEEP HYGIENE. In bed reading with electronics off (and NO Candy Crush Saga, LOL) by one hour before bedtime, for 8 hours sleep. 

Been doing pretty well with this the last couple of nights - though it was about 10 minutes late last night. 

Second, FOOD:
1. go back to carrots instead of sweet potatoes at breakfast Check but having sweet potatoes at night. :)
2. Add 1/2 avocado to each day's lunch meal Adding 1/2 avocado to breakfast and lunch
3. No coconut in any form for the week Check. Haven't had any coconut so far.
4. Green apples after lunch and dinner Having them after dinner; having bananas with avocado at lunch.
5. Bigger salads at lunch and dinner Check
6. Meat and veggies breakfast and lunch Check
7. Fish for dinner Did on Monday; Tuesday was leftover spaghetti sauce; tonight was eggs
8. 72 ounces of water per day - I think I'm doing pretty well on this one.

EXERCISE
1. Crossfit Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - Monday and Tuesday! Looking forward to tomorrow and Friday.

SUPPLEMENTS
1. Fish oil and 2 Lurong Living per day - check!
2. Magnesium at night - I always take my magnesium; right now I'm trying to get my amount right so I'm not...uh...too loose in the morning.

I've also added an extra sweet potato at night, since in another thread it was recommended that I increase my starchy carbs a little for my exercise.

Okay, day 20 is in the bag, and I simply don't understand why I am so tired and headachy. I guess it could be a lot of things. Tuesday as noted above I ran in the heat and perhaps this is a hangover from that. I got advice that I am undereating starchy carbs, so I have added a sweet potato to my evening meal. I'm thinking now I might want to eat that at lunch instead of dinner. 

Today our box started a Paleo challenge that is very close to the Whole30 - actually may be even tougher! - so I'm ready to rock it, though I'm not sure my husband will be. <g> I do suspect I will cheat on July 4th, depending on what we plan to do. It may not be an issue.

Okay, let's see...

Breakfast was the usual turkey apple hash, carrots, and olives

Lunch: beef and veggies, salad, and banana/avocado (I won't be having my pudding next week - cocoa isn't allowed in this challenge!)

Preworkout: hard boiled egg

Workout:

Warmup: 800 meter run, 5 planks (45 seconds on/15 seconds rest), 5 hollow bodies

Mobility: couch stretch

Strength: 4 x 4 back squat (60, 70, 75 and 80 pounds)

WOD:

300 single unders

50 pushups

40 toes to bar (from the floor)

30 lunges each leg

20 pullups - I read an article recently that you should not do kipping pullups until you can do strict pullups. I don't have strict pullups, so I took a few steps backward and did them - granted, with a HUGE band, but nonetheless.

10 burpees

400 meter run

I was so tired tonight, really pretty nauseous at one point and kind of dizzy, but I kept at it. I finished in 15:10. 

I forgot to take salmon out of the freezer, so I didn't have any to eat after my workout. I did have my jicama.

Stayed after to chat for a little while, then headed home.

Dinner: Bacon and eggs and a sweet potato, plus a banana that was starting to get pretty ripe.

Not sure why I'm feeling so weird and tired. Sinusy! It really tempted me to go get something tonight, but I'll be darned if I'm going to do that 20 days in. I AM going to make it this time.

I just went back and looked at all my old posts and discovered that I have NEVER made it past day 15. So...I'm pretty happy with myself right now. Tummy ache and all.

Day 14 is a tough one for me in each of my attempts!  Yesterday was my Day 14 and I struggled mightily.  I ate a TON of food but didn't eat any sugar!  I wasn't even eating to avoid sugar... I just didn't reach for it.  I did eat more fat yesterday than probably needed in 5 days, but the no-sugar thing even during a binge was such a pleasant surprise.  I am actually proud!

hello

Can anyone relate to me???

I have been a binge eater/sugarholic my whole life and I don't know how to break the cycle. My brain/body is truly messed up with the years of me mistreating it. I have maintained my average weight with extreme workouts daily...3 hrs a day but I can't continue that life style any longer nor do I want too.

I would eat compulsively..all day long, binge on high calorie sugary foods, and seriously be in a sugar coma for days. I have tried therapy, prayer, and every diet. I go from one extreme to another...I generally eat healthy but then I will binge. From the outside people think I am healthy but I am not. I workout A LOT to make up for my bad eating habits.I am tired of food ruining my life. I want a healthy relationship with food, my body, and weight. I want to enjoy life, laugh, and start living my out my dreams but food has/is ruining my life.

Thank you any advice would be great

Fallon

hello

I have been a binge eater/sugarholic my whole life and I don't know how to break the cycle. My brain/body is truly messed up with the years of me mistreating it. I have maintained my average weight with extreme workouts daily...3 hrs a day but I can't continue that life style any longer nor do I want too.

I would eat compulsively..all day long, binge on high calorie sugary foods, and seriously be in a sugar coma for days. I have tried therapy, prayer, and every diet. I go from one extreme to another...I generally eat healthy but then I will binge. From the outside people think I am healthy but I am not. I workout A LOT to make up for my bad eating habits.I am tired of food ruining my life. I want a healthy relationship with food, my body, and weight. I want to enjoy life, laugh, and start living my out my dreams but food has/is ruining my life.

Fallon

Fallon, 

Uh, yeah, I can relate.  

I am 48 and have been living that life (to varying degrees) since I was 15 years old.  First, it was anorexia/bulimia.  Hospitalized at 16 and moved on to straight bulimia for the next 15 years pretty severely.  Lucky to be alive is my guess.  Broke my hip at 21 and moved on to cycling; binge cycling.  My cycle was restrictive eating for 5 day and then 1-2 days of horrible.  This went on until I was about 30.  Having a child changed me greatly, but I shifted the majority of the bulimia to exercise to control my weight.  I have stayed thin the entire time and appear super healthy on the outside.  

Your brain and body ARE truly messed up.  Habit is a huge portion of the problem in my opinion.  I found Paleo, and then Whole30, at this point the best way to break my habit.  I don't know how submerged you are in binging/exercising right now, but I say take the plunge and commit for 30 DAYS.  It is just 30 DAYS.  At the end, if you find you don't break the cycle then you have wasted only 30 days of your life.  If at the end of 30 days you find you have a better handle on your eating, or a total absence of sugar cravings, you have changed your life.

EMPTY your cabinets of sugar.  I mean empty.  Throw away your scale.  Tone back your exercise to 3-4 times a week and let your body rest.  I am sure you are full of inflammation from the sugar and the stress from cardio.  Cutting out chocolate chips and cutting back on my gym was the hardest thing to do but I feel so much better!  I am pretty sure my cortisol rhythm is beginning to normalize.  I might not be the super buff, hard body that I was in November of last year, but I am happier and definitely healthier.

I wish you luck.  I pray for you and I feel your pain.  I think you can do this... if I can... you can...

~Pam

My forum stalker is at it again.  lol

I just wish we could share information without being constantly reprimanded by non-moderators/administrators.   Nit picking drives me crazy.

On a lighter note, I'm feeling a bit feverish today.  I think going back to work is exposing me to germs.  Time to take my Wild Oil of Oregano.  I call it my 'shield', since I take it on air line flights to keep from getting sick.  It works wonders!

I hope everyone's day is going smoothly and drama-free.

hello

Fallon

Me too! 

As Pam said...I have been back and forth between anorexia, bulimia, and overeating all my life, it seems. I have over-exercised, under-exercised, and not exercised, and like you, all I craved was a healthy relationship with food. It's taken me a year to finally get a Whole30 straight and right, and it took four months of straight ice cream for me to get to the point where I was ready to do it. 

It sounds like you may be addicted to both sugar and exercise, and perhaps for the same reason - the rush. Exercise gives us endorphins that in my experience can even make you feel drunk. Just like sugar. 

The thing that really started turning me around was "It Starts With Food." WOW, did that book open my eyes, to the dangers of sugar and gluten, and to all the science behind why it has been so hard for me to give it up for just 30 short days. And it has been tough - if you read through this log, you'll see that I have struggled - sometimes with cravings, with digestive upset, and with fatigue. There are times when I wonder if it's even worth it - but I can tell you, every night when I go to bed with another day under my belt, I feel good. I feel peaceful. I feel like I have taken control back over my life, and that maybe after this is over, I might be able to have a normal relationship with sugar again.

I just got sick of the drama.

And it helps to have people I can come clean to, and people I can eat well with. My Crossfit box-mates are the ones I rely on the most for role models, and my husband, though still eating gluten and processed foods, is very supportive of my efforts. You need a helpmate.

We're here for you, and you CAN do it. It will not be easy. It will suck at first. But you WILL notice a difference, and it will be to the good. Give it a try...for a few days, or the Whole30. 

Day 21 in the bag! Wow!

What a day.

Well, it wasn't that stressful until the evening. More about that in a moment...

Breakfast...the usual. <g> Turkey apple hash, carrots and olives, and tea.

Where did my morning go? I have no idea. Oh, wait...I dropped my truck off at the audio shop to have my new stereo system installed. I was SO excited! I have missed my morning Mass, and I was happy to think that next week, I'd be able to listen to it again. My assistant was kind enough to pick me up and the shop, and our day had begun. 

I went to my office, I checked my email, I chatted with a dear co-worker whose birthday was today, ordered flowers for her, I had supervision with one of my postdocs...and then the next thing I knew, it was time to go to Crossfit.

When I saw the WOD, I had planned to go at 4...but I just like going at 11:30 on Fridays, and I wasn't sure how I would go to the WOD and then go get my truck from the audio shop. This one was...hard. Insanely hard. 

It was called "Gallant." And the fact that our only warm-up was one round of stations (rowing, lunges, situps, kipping swings, and squats) should clue you in. Short warmup = killer grinder WOD. We did some PVC warmups, and then it was time to go...

1 mile run with medicine ball (RX was 14 pounds; I carried 10)

60 burpee pullups (I did jumping - I only have banded pullups and there was no way I could do those with this workout)

800 meter run with medicine ball

30 burpee pullups

400 meter run with medicine ball

15 burpee pullups

Yes, that's 1.75 miles carrying ten awkward pounds. I couldn't carry it on my shoulder; I couldn't catch my breath. I tried carrying it under my arm, but my hip action apparently is too bumpy for that. I finally ended up carrying it in front of me like a pregnant belly, LOL. My tummy didn't care for it, and I have to say it was the hardest mile I have ever run. I was doing what I call "old lady running." It was HARD. Then 60 burpee pullups - yep, just what they sound like. You do a burpee, and at the top, instead of jumping up and clapping, you do a pullup. Also HARD.

38:31 later I was done and soaked in sweat.

Back to work.

Lunch:

Beef and veggies, salad, and avocado/banana/cocoa goodness

Made it through my colleague's birthday party without having any cake or cupcakes. This too, was hard. After a hero WOD like that, I usually really like to reward myself with something sweet. Not doing that took a ton of willpower. 

End of day. So excited to go get my truck so I can listen to EWTN again! Pick it up, stereo sounds awesome...AND I CAN'T GET EWTN!!!!! WHAT the heck??? 

Long story short, after an hour on the phone with Sirius, no solution other than idiocy. And no EWTN. I gave up and came home.

Dinner:

Bacon

Eggs

Tomatoes

Sweet potato with paleo mayo

Green apple

<breathing> 

Archived