Third time lucky

melbournegirl

Ok, I know it won't be luck, it will pulling together everything I have learnt before!

I did a whole35 in November and finished a whole100 in March.

I learnt .... Coffee stuffs me up. Nuts cause inflammation. Fruit makes me hungry. Coconut hurts my stomach... Cocoa upsets my skin. And a few other things.

I am so much healthier but I want to try to fix my skin inflammation and lose 10 pounds.

I did a whole35 in November and finished a whole100 in March. I have a lot of intolerances so eating compliant foods is pretty easy... It's getting the balance right and avoiding my triggers that will be the secret to my success. I just got ISWF so hoping that will help too.

So here goes my third whole* which will be a whole35 finishing end June.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 down, similar to yesterday. Very bad headache and general aches though. fighting off a cold or sugar/alcohol/caffeine withdrawal more likely. Managed a short walk, was raining too much yesterday... ready to ramp up my exercise again now (had surgery 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for the 4 incisions to heal properly).

Off to Sydney tomorrow for three days... Taking my favourite tinned tuna and sundried tomatoes. Have ordered a salad plate for lunch and am staying near a supermarket so it should be fine.

I'll be returning shortly myself, going full Paleo and doing a Leptin Reset (which requires eliminating nightshades), only reason I haven't started yet is I need to figure out how to cook without nightshades. I eat a crazy amount of nightshades O.O

Hey PP, welcome back.

Derval, look what happens when you go on hols..... You look great.

I'm starting again tomorrow, drank some wine on wed night, had a can of coke yesterday and had a muesli bar on the plane today. Ate lots of healthy food too, but sneaking in a couple of marshmallows right now... And enjoying them too.... This is only the third time since November that I have had candy.... Wow, I reckon that's amazing for a former sugar addict. And I don't feel guilty at all for my offroading, I think it was time for a minor break.

I do hope the excuses stop tomorrow though and I get right into it.... I'm not going to exclude white potatoes or my less than 1% sugar bacon though...

Back to day 1 ... Feeling good, 9 hours sleep. Hubby brought me a small bowl of sliced apple and mandarin and a cup of tea in bed. Then cooked me a plate with one egg, a slice of bacon, a grilled tomato half and some spinach. I added half a small avocado! Great start to my 40 days of healthy healing eating! And good to know hubby has finally got used to my style of eating....

Had a bit of fruit and a couple of pecans mid morning.... Hate the way sugar detox makes you hungry all the time.... Self inflicted so trying to be strong.

Had tuna and salad with olives for lunch plus some cantaloupe. Still feeling hungry, might boil some eggs... Didnt have enough fat and protein I expect but I need to relearn my true hunger signals and not overeat so it's a bit trial and error at the moment.

Did go for a nice walk with my son in the sun... It's nearly winter here and I have just had three days of rain... So it was nice to be out.

I'll be returning shortly myself, going full Paleo and doing a Leptin Reset (which requires eliminating nightshades), only reason I haven't started yet is I need to figure out how to cook without nightshades. I eat a crazy amount of nightshades O.O

It's possible to live without them. I ate handfuls of Tri colored mini peppers everyday. Throw in a bunch or tomatoes and I was hooked. I gave them up on May 1st when I started my Whole30 and I'm surviving. I ate too many nuts the first few days because I missed the crunchy peppers. I had to give that up too. Some mornings my hand inflammation feels better, others not so much. Today is Day 10 of AIP. I've tried to clear out nothing that might inflame so that I can add back in 1 at a time very slowly.

Good luck!

Thanks percypat, yeah I'm a slow learner..... LOL

I'm finding it harder than I thought it would be to get back into it, even though I haven't deviated much in between. Still I managed to avoid wine and eat compliant at my inlaws tonight... Just have to stop snacking and eating so much. So trying a restart again and going for 35 days now, seriously!!!

Another good nights sleep. Feeling much better today, not so hungry.

M1 black coffee and a bowl of mince with vegetables... And the last of my tomato juice.

M2 half a beef burger, some avocado and spinach, sweet potato with ghee and some chicken soup. Must have got the balance right as I feel satisfied for once.

Off to cook a big pot of chicken and veges now...

Had a carrot and an orange as a snack, not ideal but actually I am happy I didn't go looking for nuts and dried fruit or eat extra meat and fat that I really didn't need.

Went for a nice half hour walk to post a letter too.

Now for my chicken and veges. Might have some eggs and raisins after if it stops me raiding the cupboards or having cocoa.... Baby steps till I get back into the swing.

8 hours sleep but disrupted with lots of dreams

Breakfast was some blueberries and minced beef with veges.

Lunch was a small salad with chicken casserole.

Also had a small fruit purée sachet and some sundried tomatoes in the afternoon.

Dinner was roast pork and veges

Managed a walk at lunchtime. Feeling quite tired now and been a bit headachey most of the day.

This is my first day of my coffee free whole whatever...

Omg, sundried tomatoes. I haven't eaten those in forever and I love them.

Hope a good sleep fixes your headache! Ooh, and I figured out the difference between a turnip and a swede. They had them side by side at the supermarket today: the swedes were bigger and more yellowy. My Whole 30 craziness must be seriously well-developed when the rutabaga convo was the first thing that jumped into my head!

Can't believe how tired I am at the moment. Stayed in bed for 11 hours.

Breakfast was chicken soup and some leftover meat and veg, didn't get hungry till after 1pm...

M2 chicken casserole, celery soup and a raw carrot

M3 more chicken and salad for dinner. I did have some peaches cooked with an egg and coconut after.

Went for a walk at lunchtime.

Not a bad day overall but had bad headaches in the morning.... Withdrawal.... Takes 3 days for me to recover from caffeine unfortunately

8 hours of sleep, woke up a few times but didn't feel too tired at 5am so went for my 6km walk, trying to get back into the habit. A couple of new sore spots on my scalp, is it the exercise? Or coconut? Noticed I had a stuffy nose last night and again this morning, that sounds like diet?

M1 watermelon, spinach cooked in ghee, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 egg and a bowl of pumpkin soup. Not bad!

M2 beef burger and salad with olives

M3 bacon, egg, half a beef burger, a pineapple slice and lots of celery and carrot plus some sundried tom

Didnt have dessert yeay.... Also, maybe a breakthrough... Skin is flaring up more, now I'm thinking egg might be a possibility since I had one this morning and tonight and last night too... Will exclude for awhile.

Another restless sleep with weird dreams

Went for my walk though and felt quite hungry half way through which is a good sign, means I am no longer eating too much.

M1 pumpkin soup, half a beef burger, a chicken niblet, tomato and a slice of sweet potato and an orange

M2 tuna in oil and a small salad

M3 small serve of turkey mince with vegies .... dinner at work

M4 tomato and zucchini soup, lots of cantaloupe and a handful of cashews (after the hairdressers)

Took headache pills again this morning :(

Another restless sleep with wierd dreams

Went for my walk though and felt quite hungry half way through which is a good sign, means I am no longer eating too much.

M1 pumpkin soup, half a beef burger, a chicken niblet, tomato and a slice of sweet potato

I went for a 90 minute hike after work tonight. Walking along I got really hungry for dinner. It made me happy knowing I would have a lovely healthy dinner. So much of my life I wasn't hungry because I grazed on food. Yay this feels great!

Sorry for all the weird dreams you're having!

About 7 1/2 hours sleep and more weird dreams, this happened on my first whole30 too.

Went for my 6 km walk

M1 pumpkin soup, bacon and some cantaloupe

M2 mince and veg on top of a large salad and a mandarin

Went for a walk at lunchtime

M3 Mongolian BBQ meat and veg cooked at home with sesame oil and lemon juice - yum plus about 10 cherries

Stayed up till 1130, big week. Slept till after 7 though.

M1 mince and veg in tomato soup and some melon

20 mins cardio and 10 mins weights at the gym

Post WO apple, carrot and a piece of bacon

M2 salmon, zucchini, tomato and olive dish and some sweet potato rounds with ghee.

Feeling a bit hungry this arvo.....

Maybe I just notice it more when I am not busy at work?

Went for a walk then had post WO an orange, kiwi fruit, slice of bacon and some pumpkin chips

M3 baked chicken with zucchini, broccoli, beans and carrots with ghee

Felt a bit kill all the things today.... I am beginning to think I have been reacting significantly to coffee and/or cocoa based on the withdrawal symptoms this week...

Archived