Third time lucky

melbournegirl

9 hours sleep

M1 blueberries, 2 eggs, bacon, steak and spinach

7.5km 1 1/2 hour walk with the family :) then we went to some garage sales and got an apple slicer for $10 instead of $20. Have been thinking about getting one of these for my son who used to have lots of apples but now he has braces has to have them chopped up first. Both kids can make slinky apples for their lunchboxes now!

M2 mince and veg on top of a salad with avocado, and an orange

Had a bit of a snooze, still get quite tired after I exercise even thought I can go the distance okay during.

M3 half can salmon, carrot, a small handful of cashews (hubby brought some down :( ) while the kids ate popcorn

M4 roast pork, potato, pumpkin, carrots, beans, tomatoes and some baked sweet potato with spice (chocolate pudding for the rest of the family).

Found an almost empty tin of cocoa and couldn't resist having a couple of cups. Figured two?one? week without, would try some.Now I have noticed my scalp is a bit sorer, could also have been the eggs, or fish! Must get better and excluding other stuff when I do this sort of checking....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Calee, in Oz we use the word mince which is short for minced meat which is ground meat where you come from I think? Beef, chicken, pork are the most common but you can also get lamb and turkey mince.

I have been using turkey mince lots because my supermarket has it in a 500g (1lb) packet for $5 so its quite convenient. When we go to the main market we buy good quality beef and pork minced fresh.

My easiest breakfast is frying the mince, adding grated or chopped zucchini and sweet potato or pumpkin, adding oregano salt and pepper and ghee. Makes about three serves although I often add some of it into an omelette or soup. Sometimes I omit the oregano and add scrambled eggs and cinnamon and blueberries, then it tastes a bit like pudding LOL.

Sunny but cold and windy, lovely fresh air though!

Thanks for the explanation. I use a lot of ground lamb and pork from the butcher shop. I used to live on ground beef but I'm just now getting around to adding it to my WholeWhatever. A doctor told me I'm sensitive to it but that was 20 years ago. Its the most versatile, flavor wise for me.

So now I can have mince too and be cool like all you people across the pond. Or try anyways. :)

Hee hee, I love how we all speak English and yet manage to not understand each other on a daily basis :)

This will be the kiwi version, but we tend to just say "mince pie" and it can mean either a savoury pie with beef mince or the sweet Christmassy kind with fruit mince and shortcrust pastry.

It's probably different here in Oz, and I should think the term "mince meat" would come up more in the UK and Ireland.

Stayed up till I finished my book 1am so only 6 hours sleep.

M1 leftover meat, veg, tinned salmon and sweet potato

Rollerblading with the kids

M2 bacon, pumpkin and bok Choy soup with eggs and blueberries and some nuts.

M3 cocoa, dates and nuts.... Succumbed to cravings :(. No doubt exacerbated by lack of sleep

M4 the last of the turkey mince and veg in lettuce cups with sweet potato chips

Off to Sydney for the day tomorrow again for work, taking tuna, carrots and nuts with me and have ordered fruit or the plane meal

A day full of waiting for planes and taxis yesterday. Got about 7 hours sleep and managed 1 hour walking at the airport. Meals were 5 lots of snacks from 2 boiled eggs, a tin of sliced tuna in olive oil, carrots, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, nuts, sweet potato and lots of fruit. Got home late so the dinner hubby put aside for me will be today's lunch...yum

8 hours sleep, feel like I am fighting off a cold, a bit sneezy and feverish but could also be that TOM.

M1 pumpkin, bacon and bok Choy soup with some eggs and blueberries and a few hazelnuts.

M2 steak, beans, pumpkin, tomato, potato and an orange.

M3 tinned tuna and sundried tomatoes

M4 chicken nibbles, sweet potato, zucchini and salad plus some dried fruit and cocoa

Thanks Calee.... I did scout around but all the salads had dressing on and the nuts were too expensive so made do with my rations and fruit platters, and soda water instead of wine.

Had to cook up some chicken and soup tonight so I have some food for tomorrow. No fresh fruit left in the bowl though:(

Feeling a bit more settled today but back and tummy hurts, especially my new scars :(

8 hours sleep

M1 was whatever I could scrounge, tomato stuffed mushroom, small bowl of vege soup, 2 slices of bacon, baked purple sweet potato (too sweet ) and some blueberries with cinnamon and cocoa. Checking if the cocoa makes my skin worse....

M2 fruit salad, chicken and garden salad with potato

M3 turkey mince stir fry, cantaloupe, cocoa.

Had two cups of decaf coffee today

Airports are toxic. All that bad energy swirling around. Even with airport walks the air we breathe isn't great and don't even mention the air on the plane. Not enough space to stretch. I hope your body is back to normal tomorrow!

8 hours sleep

M1 last nights leftovers plus blueberries

M2 turkey mince and veg from the freezer at my mums plus an orange. Took her to her first chemo session so spent three hours in the car in the middle of the day. Had to work late to try to catch up a bit too.

M3 steak, beans, tomato, potato, egg, broccoli and mushrooms plus some cantaloupe

Yay, weekend!

Thank you both, I am a bit stressed about it. My mum survived cancer in her 40's but now she is a widower... My dad died fom cancer 5 years ago... And is now in her 70's and lives an hour away. But there are 6 treatments and the outlook is pretty good.

BUT, sad to report I broke my whole30 with some chips and a glass of wine... As well as or due to? having coffee this morning? Made it 20 days with full compliance and going to start a coffee free whole15 again tomorrow to take me to the end of the month.

I haven't had legumes, gluten or dairy since November and grains and sugar very rarely ... So noncompliance for me at the moment is really only wine and chocolate and swypo baking so I'm not too concerned. I would like to keep working on optimal health though, so the mini whole*s are a good way to focus... Providing I don't start to feel restricted and overeat.... This only seems to happen if I start drinking coffee... Which has been an interesting learning journey in itself.

Day1!

At least 8 hours sleep, woke up tired and achey so took some paracetamol.

M1 pumpkin soup, chicken and celery soup and a small piece of bacon

M2 salad with olives, an egg, pepitas and two short bacons and s small bowl of vegetable soup plus a free apple for colon cancer day?

Drank tea at work, no coffee or cocoa yay. Was gong to have tuna as a snack but got distracted so can't have really been hungry.

Got home and hubby told me I looked pregnant my stomach was sticking out so much... Thanks for that!

So. Went for a walk which turned into a run instead, despite the cold air and burning lungs.

M3 was an orange, and leftovers from last night, mince and papaya salad which unfortunately had some corn in and a tiny bit of sugar so not compliant which I am going to ignore since it the first day, will add a day if need be but happy to be exercising and not snacking again so I will consider the day a success.

Archived