My Whole30 log from South Australia ~ in Pictures :)

crannaford

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am lurking thru your pics and all your food looks AMAZING!!  I love the collage you do. I have a Mac, I will have to try that with some of my pics!

You are now my inspiration!

Oh many thanks for that Pam  :) I'm glad I've inspired you. I made mine on my Mac too, just simply dragged the photos into pages. There's a trick to turning them into jpegs for the web so if you need to know how to do that, just let me know. I've had so many positive comments I'm adding them to a pinterest board.. you can find them here  :Dhttp://pinterest.com/backtomycave/back-to-my-cave-paleo/

Cheers David

The only thing close Spag Bol I saw in Australia was spaghetti in a can which I was told was a common Aussie breakfast which pretty much horrified me. Not as much as Veggimite (sp?) on toast horrified me but a close second. We did eat at an authentic Italian restaurant in Sydney but I can't remember what I had just that it was good and custom made (because I couldn't decide what I wanted so he asked me a bunch of questions and than came back with yummy food).

The only thing close Spag Bol I saw in Australia was spaghetti in a can which I was told was a common Aussie breakfast which pretty much horrified me. Not as much as Veggimite (sp?) on toast horrified me but a close second. We did eat at an authentic Italian restaurant in Sydney but I can't remember what I had just that it was good and custom made (because I couldn't decide what I wanted so he asked me a bunch of questions and than came back with yummy food).

Hee hee, that's not spag bol but it's pretty popular in NZ and the UK too.  My uni friend from California thought it was disgusting as well!

A capsicum is a bell pepper.  And a mullet fish ...  well, they're not quite so cool looking as they sound.

There probably still is a ghastly takeaway lunch in NZ called a spaghetti bun which has tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce on it and melted cheddar. Turns up often in school lunch menus. Shudder.

Hey Crannaford, you're doing brilliantly. I'm looking forward to a summing up of your Whole30 in a few days time. :)

There probably still is a ghastly takeaway lunch in NZ called a spaghetti bun which has tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce on it and melted cheddar. Turns up often in school lunch menus. Shudder.

Hey Crannaford, you're doing brilliantly. I'm looking forward to a summing up of your Whole30 in a few days time. :)

Well it's been ages since I last had tinned spaghetti on toast with HP sauce and some grated colby cheese ...  But I can't guarantee I wouldn't still find it delicious.  Stuff of childhood memories :)

Hey Physibeth! :) We just about live on Spaghetti Bolognese down here (although more commonly we'd use fusilli or penne). We eat it at least once a week 'cos it's so cheap and easy.  Not anymore apparently  ^_^ as the pasta has all been given away and the pantry is bare. My bolognese sauce however is almost paleo.. just a couple of tweaks such as leaving out the teaspoon of brown sugar and we're away. I've decided to write a blog about my paleo cooking adventures so stay tuned for the recipe  :D PS My 20 year old daughter is living in Boston for 12 months and guess what I just posted her? "Vegemite" hahaaa! We grow up on toast and vegemite!!

Day 20 looks yum! What is capsicum? There is a mullet fish? Now I have an interesting picture in my head.

Hahaaa! Yes, we speak the same language but we don't... what we call capsicums you call bell peppers  :) and yes we have a saltwater fish called a mullet.. and it doesn't have long hair :D . You'll hear plenty of Aussie lingo from me... we Aussies create plenty of confusion

Gosh, what a fun log. It looks like you're coming up with great variety. Yummy looking stuff.

Hey thanks Shelda, I'm certainly having fun with it. I made a commitment, cook three meals a day and not a single snack... so far so good. I've found that If I make the food tasty, it's a walk in the park really  :) Stay tuned for days 21 and 22 coming up!

Hahaaa! I remember dreadful school food like that. I think school canteens still suffer from it. Many thanks for dropping by.

Well it's been ages since I last had tinned spaghetti on toast with HP sauce and some grated colby cheese ...  But I can't guarantee I wouldn't still find it delicious.  Stuff of childhood memories :)

Aghhhhhh! How could you Percypat :unsure:  Very happy to say that I haven't had a tin of spaghetti for over 40 years... hahaaa!!

On a roll... Days 21 and 22. I've taken so many photos and enjoyed my adventure so much that I've decided to write a blog. It's under construction as I speak... so watch out for "BACK TO MY CAVE" Paleo South Australian Style  :)

post-24944-0-26225800-1370748604_thumb.j

post-24944-0-84488500-1370748615_thumb.j

Aghhhhhh! How could you Percypat :unsure:  Very happy to say that I haven't had a tin of spaghetti for over 40 years... hahaaa!!

Look, I'm not proud of it ...  It's been so long since I've eaten that, but the memories are good.  My dad's a Brit and he hates baked beans but likes tinned spaghetti, so I guess it makes me think of Dad!  Who knows, maybe I'd find it disgusting now?

Ooh, let us know when the blog is up.  I'll follow along for sure!

Look, I'm not proud of it ...  It's been so long since I've eaten that, but the memories are good.  My dad's a Brit and he hates baked beans but likes tinned spaghetti, so I guess it makes me think of Dad!  Who knows, maybe I'd find it disgusting now?

Ooh, let us know when the blog is up.  I'll follow along for sure!

Awesome! My first follower. I'm just getting the hang of wordpress..steeep learning curve. I've made my home page and I am preparing a recipe.. It's the one I promised. Salmon patties, but I've added a twist.. purple sweet potatoes. It was a huge hit at our house. Stay tuned :) It might be a day or two yet  

Archived