Bitter aftertaste after eating blackberries

So I had some blackberries as part of my lunch, and after eating several berries, I noticed a bitter/metallic aftertaste that doesn't go away after drinking water. I never noticed this before (or wasn't paying attention).

Is it pesticides?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finding that, on day 8 of my Whole 30, for the past several days, I'm just not enjoying the taste of a lot of the foods that I would normally enjoy. My broccoli, cauliflower mix was bland; the bok choy was yuk; my blueberries seemed inedible and the batch of chicken thighs I made on Sunday, I want to just throw them away. My taste buds seem to have changed and not for the good.  Is there any relationship to side effects of the Whole 30 that will change for me in the near future?  Have others experienced this? Thanks!

If we've been eating a conventional diet,a lot of the processed food we are used to eating is specifically designed to artificially stimulate the taste buds, think of the number of foods that have added sugar, msg, yeast extract etc. When we cut all these out, it can take a while for our taste buds to adjust and food can often seem bland for a while.

I thought I ate a fairly healthy diet pre W30 but was amazed when I checked and realised just how often I was eating sugar in things like salmon, chicken, tomato sauce etc. It took me a while to adjust but now fresh real foods taste better than they ever have and I wouldn't go back to what i ate before. I'm sure your taste buds'll adjust soon. good luck

Archived