Dairy......I no longer like you!!!!!

Started my reintro today with dairy. I went very simple just adding a medium size glass of whole milk to my 3 meals today. Each meal I have progressively felt overly full, bloated, gassy, cramping and mild nausea. I already decided cows milk is not good for consumption but wanted to see just how bad it was for me. I'm over it, very rarely and special occasions only!!!!!

Same here! I completed Whole30 almost a month ago and I had reintruded grains (pasta, bread), sugar, dairy and alcohol. None of them were friendly to me anymore, the worst where pasta and whole milk. Pasta made my stomach feel super heavy, I was tired for the rest of the day and extremely cranky. Sugar made me feel funny like 'high' , alcohol makes me super slugglish and foggy brain. I finally had a glass of milk two days ago with dinner and I've been bloated and gassy since then. Can't wait to feel better because this is no fun :wacko:

I am actually going to log my reintroduction as the adverse effects have been miserable and its only day 1 with dairy. I am only going to do dairy, legumes, grains and non-gluten grains. I have decidedly come to the conclusion that alcohol, sugar and all other non-real food items are never good for a person. If I choose to indulge in any of these in the future for special occasions I will do so knowing that the effects are going to be negative and make sure it is worth it first. I wouldn't even do Legumes as I feel the same about them but I do love me some peanut butter so I am going to give it a go. Kind of unnecessary though as I also love other real nut butters and could simply just choose them, but I am a bit stubborn :P

I have been eating cashew butter instead of peanutbutter and it's surprisingly 'sweeter' and smoother. I love to eat it spread on apple slices or with banana, that is a real treat for me. I also eat almond butter here and there

• 2 weeks later...

I started my reintro of dairy today too. Breakfast was about 1-1.5 tbsp of skim milk in my coffee, and within 15 minutes I felt some indigestion that persisted for about an hour and a half. I guess I may have a mild intolerance or something, but that is likely going to mean milk in coffee is permanently out for me.

Having some greek yogurt with my salad at lunch, so I'm hoping this has a better reaction. Butter & cheese at dinner.

I did try coconut milk in my coffee in the first week, and I didn't really like it. It didn't mix in properly.

Did you shake it well first?  I don't like the little globules of fat that float on my coffee.  Reminds me of curdled milk.  Now I pour into a blender cup and give it a quick whirl in my Magic Bullet.  Problem solved, although I have to do it each morning because it separates back out.

Yea, I did shake it well first. I don't know, might just be me but with a plastic blender I feel the idea of pouring hot liquid into it is asking for it to melt and release something toxic into my coffee. Or do you mean you just blend the coconut milk itself?

Archived