Tried and tested Paleo apple crumble

moggle

I'm having some friends over for dinner on the weekend and would like to make apple crumble. I'm not planning on it being whole30 compliant but I would like to avoid gluten and dairy.

Does anyone have a good good recipe for a crumble topping, preferably one based on ground almonds?

I've done a google search and most of them look pretty dodgy taste-wise. In the past I have just used flour, butter, sugar and perhaps some rolled oats.

I mix whatever gf grain flakes I have like rolled rice or amaranth flakes with apple purée and ground nuts and cinnamon or even sub the grains for coconut... The trick is to use enough purée to sweeten and make the mix clump together in small lumps. Adding currants helps too. Melted coconut oil works also but not sweet

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yes I am Post W30 (probably should have mentioned that) and in the end I've decided to just off-road and use some sugar but leave out gluten & dairy which seem to be the things that affect me most.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yes I am Post W30 (probably should have mentioned that) and in the end I've decided to just off-road and use some sugar but leave out gluten & dairy which seem to be the things that affect me most.

Perfect way to go.

Archived