Binder ingredients in Armour thyroid?

sahmomto2

I'm having trouble discerning what the binder ingredients are in Armour thyroid. Today is my 2nd day on whole30 and can't decide whether to take it. I only take 120mg, so not a huge dose, but a little nervous about going an entire month without it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks, Tom. I am thinking I'm going to find out in the reintroduction phase that I'm gluten intolerant, so didn't want to be getting gluten during the 30 days, but I'll go ahead and take it for now.

sahmomto2, Armour has dextrose, cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, calcium stearate and trace amounts of PEG, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and polyethylene glycol.

NO gluten or lactose, so you don't have to worry about it interfering with your Whole 30. That tiny amount of dextrose is highly unlikely to feed the sugar dragon, and even if it did, dr's orders trump.

I think it's really wise and thorough of you to be thinking about hidden sources of gluten and/or other possible allergens and it's not impossible to react to these fillers, but as far as figuring out of you're gluten intolerant, Armour won't muck your experiment up.

Thanks, Joey!

Wonder why there's dextrose in it? They think they have to put sugar in everything these days; no wonder we're all so messed up. It's not like it's in your mouth long enough to dissolve so you can taste it or anything.

Archived