saying yes

missmary

Hey Mary, did you mention where you're getting your workouts from?

This is totally outside the scope of the forum (and I know, totally unsolicited advice) but you might consider shuffling your lifts around a little. Deadlifts are the most physically and mentally taxing, so it's generally advised for them to be your last lift of a session, especially when you've got some complex stuff (cleans) and stuff with little muscles (presses) in the same one.

Also, most oly coaches don't like programming cleans in reps over 3 (unless they're very light for you). Fatigue sets in, things get messy/sloppy, and it reinforces bad habits without much added benefit. So, for example, I'd normally do triples at whatever 75-80% of whatever my 1RM is, but might do a set of 8 (or something) with 50% or 45% a couple of times a month, just for speed.

Feel free to ignore me! Weights are looking good!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mary, did you mention where you're getting your workouts from?

Hi Renee! I work with a trainer once a month and we review programming/set up a plan for the upcoming workouts (I also work with a different coach for kettlebells once a week). We did a big de-load recently to focus on form and tempo, so yes, these are relatively light weights for me. I didn't feel particularly fatigued by the end of this, but I do see your point about the clean and press, I might try swapping that in earlier in the workout and see how it goes, and I'll keep in mind that reps might need to go down when I go back up in weight!

Please please stop by again with more comments, you are always welcome :).

DAY 11

meal #1. espresso, black. (3) eggs, cooked in a pile of cabbage and onions, sauteed with some andouille sausage, some ghee. topped with choula hot sauce

meal #2. (pre-yoga) packet of cashew butter

meal #3. chili of grass-fed beef chuck, red and yellow bell pepper, onion, garlic, guajillo peppers, cumin, apple cider vinegar. served over steamed cauliflower. clementine.

meal #4. planning to eat with friends after an opening, so...unpredictable late food...having one applegate hotdog with dijon, a little steamed broccoli, small glass of pomegranate/cherry kombucha, one sheet of sea snax in preparation.

meal #5. (out). steak w/basalmic reduction sauce over mashed parsnips, a couple olives, a bite of scallop. lots and lots and lots of san pellegrino.

WORKOUT - Yoga

no workout this morning, slow flow yoga at noon.

DAY 12

meal #1 (pre-workout). espresso, packet of cashew butter (1 oz)

meal #2 (post-workout). (2) hard boiled eggs, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, roasted sweet potato cubes, 2 slices roast beef.

meal #3 (2) more hard boiled eggs and a few more cherry tomatoes, gourmet grassfed jerkey. --I know it's better to have real meals, but my schedule today just isn't supporting it.

meal #4 a spicy turkey sausage with bell peppers and onions, cooked in olive oil, an orange

meal #5 shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, ghee. small glass pomegranate/cherry kombucha. sea snax.

WORKOUT - Kettlebell Class

mobility exercises, then warmup w/10KG bell:

• two-hand swings (20)
  • single-hand swings (10e)
  • waiter's walk (1e)
  • squat & curl & HB (5e)

Snatch OTM w/8KG bell

set timer for 1 minute intervals. complete the prescribed reps for each side, rest until timer, then next set (did this while other people did the StongFirst Snatch test. yikes for them.).

• 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

KB Circuit

complete entire circuit, rest until I feel ready to go again (can't see my HRM during class). 5 times through.

• Power Swings 10 w/20KG bell
  • Front Squat 5e w/8KG bell
  • Ring Pushups x 8
  • Band Assist Pullups x 5

Russian Twist 5e w/10KG bell x 2, then stretching.

I'm new to kettlebells and new to this coach, so I've been holding back on weight trying to perfect my form. That said, after those 20KG power swings this morning, I'm wondering if heavier bells might actually help force me to get the form right a little faster? I'm torn, because if this coach knew how strong I am I know she would be pushing me much harder (and she's already TOUGH). eek! I'll do some experimenting with heavier swings on my own this week and see how I feel. In other news, the cashew butter packet (about one oz, consumed about 25 minutes pre-class) was perfection for pre-KB class fuel. still feeling bouncy and strong and awesome. TIGER BLOOD! lol.

DAY 13

meal#1. espresso. (2) eggs, cooked in a giant pile of swiss chard, sauteed with some andouille sausage, sweet potato, ghee.

meal #2. (preworkout) packet of cashew butter

meal #3. salad of tuna, red bell pepper, celery, red onion, black olives, capers, parsley, macadamia nut-oil mayo.

meal #4. leftovers: shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, ghee, adding a bit of coconut milk to this. small glass pomegranate/cherry kombucha. sea snax.

WORKOUT #1 - Power and Agility

foam rolling and rolling with the massage ball, then Jump Sequence:

jump with one foot onto a small box, jump off onto two feet, then jump up with two feet onto the bigger box, alternating single legs each repetition. complete 10 repetitions, rest to 100 BPM then move on to next.

• 1 riser / 3 risers x 10
  • 2 risers / 6 risers x 10
  • 3 risers / 7 risers x 10
  • 3 risers / 8 risers x 10 ha. achieved 2

Medicine Ball Circuit w/10lb ball

complete entire circuit 14/7e, then rest to 150 BPM and repeat. 6 times through

• Overhead Slam
  • Wall Slam (side-to-side)
  • Side-to-Side Overhead Slam

Agility Circuit

complete 6 repetitions of one letter, alternating directions, then rest to 150 BPM, then next letter. Once through everything, then rest to 100 BPM and repeat.

• 'O' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1rst cone, side-shuffle to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd cone, side-shuffle to 4th cone)
  • 'N' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1rst cone, side-shuffle diagonally back to 3rd cone, run forward to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd for second rep)
  • 'T' (cones in a 'T' shape: run forward to middle cone, side-shuffle to one side, carioca past middle to opposite side, side-shuffle to middle, backpedal to start)

WORKOUT #2 RECOVERY #1 - yoga, 75 minute "Yin/Recovery" this class is much closer to a nap than a workout.

RECOVERY #2 - circuit. did this 2 times through, skipped the steam room.

• 10 minutes sauna
  • cold shower
  • 10 minutes hot tub
  • cold shower

DAY 14

meal #1. pre-workout. spoonful of coconut butter this does not work as well as the cashew butter option, just ok.

meal #2. espresso, black. took a page from Derval's book and made an egg bake: ground pork, mushrooms, spinach, grated sweet potatoes, egg. Doesn't look very pretty, but tasty and satisfying.

meal #3. salad with flank steak, baby greens, red onion, carrot, cherry tomatoes, avocado, capers. olive oil and ume plum vinegar for dressing.

meal #4. an egg poached in a big pile of swiss chard, sauteed with andouille sausage, sweet potato cubes. one sheet of sea snax. small amount of pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water.

WORKOUT - Strength

rolling with the massage ball, then Barbell VOLUME workout:

complete 5 reps of A1, then 5 reps of A2, rest to 100 BPM, then return to A1 until 10 sets are complete. Then B1/B2. gym was too crowded to do alternating sets. switched the order for equipment availability, ran out of time to deadlift.

• BB Squat 45, 95, 105, 115, 125, 135, 140, 145, 150, 155
  • Pull Up (assistance as noted) 95, 90, 85*
  • Negative Pull Up (jump up, release on count of 5, jump up again for 5 reps each weight) 80, 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50
  • BB Benchpress 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90
  • BB Deadlift

*note: I workout at three different locations of my gym, and I've found that pull-up assistance vary by location. I can consistently do 80 lb assist pullups at SLP, but I can not do them at the MAC.

I use the artisana packets. I'll eat like 1/3rd of one at a time for coconut butter, but I can down 1/2 to 1 whole packet of the cashew. yum

Thanks! I'll be on a mission to find those packets. Someone mentioned that same brand too.

Sounds yummy!

DAY 15!

meal #1. packet of cashew butter

meal #2. espresso, black. egg bake: ground pork, mushrooms, spinach, grated sweet potatoes, egg.

meal #3. salad of tuna, red bell pepper, celery, red onion, black olives, capers, parsley, macadamia nut-oil mayo. banana.

meal #4. ANOTHER packet of cashew butter

meal #5. roasted salmon, kale and radiccio sauteed in oilve oil, a few cherry tomatoes, some avocado. half a gingeraide kombucha, one sheet sea snax.

WORKOUT #1- Speed, Power

foam rolling, then KB Practice:

• 2-Hand Swings w/12KG x 10
  • Waiter's Walk w/12KG, 1e
  • Front Squat w/12KG, 5e
  • 1-Hand Swing w/12KG, 5e
  • High Pulls w/8KG x 5e x 2
  • High Pulls w/12KG, 5e
  • Snatch w/8KG x 5e x 2
  • Snatch w/12KG, 5e

Sprints:

• 15 yard run w/high knees (march), walk back x 2
  • 15 yard run, heels kick glutes, walk back x 2
  • 15 yard sprint, walk back x 4
  • 30 yard sprint (out and back) x 2

WORKOUT #2 - Meeting my trainer after work. sometimes this is a tough workout, sometimes this is more focussed on technique or talking about programming...I'll fuel for a workout just in case and update with details PWO. Turned out to be a mentally tough workout, attempting to isolate and sequence specific muscle contractions at an excruciatingly slow tempo while also continuing to breathe normally :) my brain hurts a little.

DAY 16

meal #1. espresso, black. egg bake: ground pork, mushrooms, spinach, grated sweet potatoes, egg.

meal #2. salad of baby greens, red onion, carrot, cherry tomatoes, avocado, capers. olive oil and ume plum vinegar for dressing. a couple sliders (lamb, beef, onion, egg, parsley, cilantro, rogan gosh seasoning, cumin)

meal #3. roasted chicken thigh w/nom nom paleo's cauliflower fried rice (cauliflower, onion, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, egg, scallion, cilantro, coconut aminos). half a gingeraide kombucha, one sheet sea snax.

Skipped the workout this morning, slept in a little (nice!) then stopped by my dr. for a big blood draw--will be comparing some critical numbers from 6-months ago (CRP, DHEA, etc) when results arrive.

DAY 17

meal #1. spoonful of coconut butter (PWO)

meal #2. espresso, black. egg bake: ground pork, mushrooms, spinach, grated sweet potatoes, egg.

meal #3. salad of baby greens, red onion, carrot, cherry tomatoes, avocado, capers. olive oil and ume plum vinegar for dressing. a couple sliders (lamb, beef, onion, egg, parsley, cilantro, rogan gosh seasoning, cumin) forgot the avocado at home :(

meal #4. roasted chicken thigh w/nom nom paleo's cauliflower fried rice (cauliflower, onion, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, egg, scallion, cilantro, coconut aminos). one sheet of sea snax. pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water.

WORKOUT - Strength

rolling with the massage ball then BB 5x5:

• Clean and Press x5: 45, 50, 55
  • Clean and Press x3: 60, 65, 70
  • Rotation x5: 45, 50, 55, 60, 65
  • Squat couldn't get a turn with the squat rack this am. hate that.
  • Deadlift x5: 45, 95, 115, 135, 145

AND, shockingly, the result of my bloodwork are already in. I only had them check the things I was worried about. Black is my numbers from July, Red from yesterday am:

• DHEA 83 156 - much better, could still go up a bit, optimal: 150-350
  • Free T4 1.06 .92 - should be going up not down. 1.2-1.4 would be better
  • Free T3 2.7 2.8 - this one is good. whew. 2.8-3.2 is the target.
  • TSH 2.4 1.79 - hey, this is much better! and 1.79 is acceptable, but even better around 1
  • Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody <10 <10 ok.
  • Iodine 36 43 - should be higher, but less than 80
  • CRP Inflammation 9.4 <5 ? better, for sure. some sources say anything less than 5 is fine, others want 0.
  • Vitamin D 44 63 (optimal: 70-100)

SO, I don't know if I fully understand the thyroid numbers (will research again), but it looks like supplementing DHEA is working (but not too much, that number could go a tiny bit higher), doubling my vitamin D every day is working (again not too much, there's room to add a bit), Iodine is slightly better from all my sea snax eating (although now just barely in reference range) and CRP is MUCH MUCH LOWER. awesome, that, although I wish they would give me an actual value. seriously. hard to know if this means CRP is somewhere between 4 and 5 or somewhere between 0 and 5. big difference. I'll put a call in to my Dr. on that one.

DAY 18

meal #1. half a packet of coconut butter-1/2oz (PreWO)

meal #3. full packet of cashew butter-1oz (PreWO) got busy at work and failed to ingest this preWO. got through yoga fine, but for a little light-headedness in a long inversion sequence, making up for it with a large quantity of chicken thigh and giant pile of veg.

meal #4#3. salad of baby greens, red onion, carrot, avocado, capers. olive oil and ume plum vinegar for dressing. roasted chicken thigh.

meal #5#4. dinner party at a friend's, steak and salad are promised. I'll skip the wine and baguette. ;) no really, I will! yes. a few almonds and dried apricots, a couple thin slices of sausage. steak. salad of greens, fennel, cherry tomatoes, with olive oil, basalmic, dijon. Gingeraide Kombucha, Cranberry Kombucha (yeah, that's a lot of Kombucha, but hey, it wasn't wine), sparkling water with a splash of grapefruit juice, a few pieces of pineapple (and no chocolate!).

WORKOUT #1- Strength? -not sure what to call this lighter weight/higher HR DB workout.

rolling with the massage ball then finished up yesterday's workout:

• BB Squat 45, 95, 115, 135, 155

then Strength Circuit. complete 12/6e reps of A1-A4 without stopping, rest to 100BPM, repeat 3 times before moving on to B1-B4, same story.

• A1 - Triceps on a Ball w/12.5s
  • A2 - Sumo DB Deadlift (on steps) w/40
  • A3 - 1-leg Bicep Curl w/15s
  • A4 - Walking Lunge and Press w/15s
  • B1 - Bent-over Row/Tricep Kickback w/12.5s
  • B2 - DB Snatch w/25
  • B3 - DB Pushup Pos. Alt. (Fawn calls this "renegade") Row w/15s
  • B4 - Side Lunge, Alt. sides w/25

Hmm, Haven't done this one since I started doing kettlebells. Those snatches and rows felt crazy easy, but HR was where I wanted it, so I think these weights are good for now.

WORKOUT #2 - noontime Yoga, probably wouldn't need a PWO snack for this exept for the timing. must have something before since lunch is delayed by an hour+ ha

Oh, and following up on yesterday's labs-I'm adding another 2,500 of D each day (for a total of 7,500), at least for the rest of the winter. -will take a look at iodine supplements and/or iodized sea salt on the weekend.

DAY 19

meal #1 (pre-workout). espresso, packet of cashew butter (1 oz)

meal #2 (post-workout). piece of gourmet grassfed jerky on the ride home

meal #3 (3) eggs, scrambled with broccoli and roasted sweet potato cubes.

meal #4 was planning to wait until after a 1pm client meeting to eat lunch (meal #3 was late), but found myself suddenly starving @ whole foods without time to go home. Ate salad of chicken breast, carrot, portabella mushroom, asparagus, roasted tomato, roasted red pepper. Tasty, and compliant, but undoubtedly containing some canola oil.

meal #5 sliders (50/50 lamb and beef, as above), sauteed spinach, cherry tomatoes, spoon of macadamia nut mayo. 1/2 a trillogy kombucha, 1.5 sheets sea snax, 1 brazil nut.

mobility exercises, then warmup:

• two-hand swings (20) w/10KG
  • single-hand swings (10e) w/10KG
  • waiter's walk (1e) w/10KG
  • squat & curl & HB (5e) w/8KG

VO2 Max Snatch Sequence

set timer for 15 second intervals. snatch with one hand for 15 seconds, rest 15 seconds, snatch with opposite hand for 15 seconds (I typically got 6-8 reps per 15 second interval).

• 26 rounds w/8KG.

KB Circuit

complete entire circuit, rest until I feel ready to go again (can't see my HRM during class). 3 times through.

• Single-Hand Swings 10e w/10KG, 10KG, 12KG
  • Ring Pull x 8
  • Double-Hand Clean+Press w/8KGs
  • Step Back Lunge (bell is in clean position) 8e w/10KG

Russian Twist 5e w/10KG bell x 2, then stretching.

AND, after class, Single-hand swings, 5e w/14KG bell (since 12s looked good, coach wanted me to try a heavier bell.) Feeling awesome and energized.

DAY 20

meal#1. espresso. new egg bake for the new week: pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato, egg (also made some with no sweet potato and added cherry tomato).

meal #2. Pre-WO. packet cashew butter

meal #2. sliders (50/50 lamb, beef), guacamole over salad of baby greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes, ginger carrots (fermented with salt only). dressed the salad w/olive oil and coconut vinegar.

meal #3. shrimp cooked with kale, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ghee, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, a few kalamata olives. pomegranite/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

foam rolling and rolling with the massage ball, then Jump Sequence:

jump with one foot onto a small box, jump off onto two feet, then jump up with two feet onto the bigger box, alternating single legs each repetition. complete 10 repetitions, rest to 100 BPM then move on to next.

• 1 riser / 3 risers x 10
  • 2 risers / 6 risers x 10
  • 3 risers / 7 risers x 10
  • 3 risers / 8 riser x 10 could not do a single rep. This is really mostly a mental issue at this point (7 seems easy), but maybe also a problem of volume? might try fewer reps leading up to this next time.

Agility Circuit

complete 6 repetitions of one letter, alternating directions, then rest to 150 BPM, then next letter. Once through everything, then rest to 100 BPM and repeat.

• 'O' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1st cone, side-shuffle to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd cone, side-shuffle to 4th cone)
  • 'N' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1rst cone, side-shuffle diagonally back to 3rd cone, run forward to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd for second rep)
  • 'T' (cones in a 'T' shape: run forward to middle cone, side-shuffle to one side, carioca past middle to opposite side, side-shuffle to middle, backpedal to start)

Medicine Ball Circuit w/12lb ball

complete entire circuit 14/7e, then rest to 150 BPM and repeat. 6 times through

• Overhead Slam

I'll probably fool around a bit with pistol squats too. I did.

RECOVERY #1 - yoga, 75 minute "Yin/Recovery" nope

RECOVERY #1 - one time through

• 10 minutes sauna
  • cold shower
  • 10 minutes hot tub
  • cold shower

RECOVERY #2 - 60 minute massage.

there was an opening for a massage, so I jumped on it. very painful and not at all relaxing, but probably badly needed. massage therapist recommends I start icing post-WO (trainer has already suggested this, but it sounds so not fun, I've been resisting). so...yeah.

DAY 21

meal #1. (Pre-WO) spoonful of coconut butter

meal #2. espresso. egg bake w/pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, cherry tomato. clementine. hmm, the ones with cherry tomato were smaller in addition to being less carby, and I am officially STARVING at 11:45am. I guess we have the answer to that experiment.

meal #3. shrimp cooked with kale, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ghee, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, a few kalamata olives.

meal #4. banana and some more coconut butter (a good lunch could not make up for breakfast issues)

meal #4 #5. sliders (50/50 lamb, beef), guacamole, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes. pomegranite/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

WORKOUT - Technical

foam rolling and rolling with the massage ball, then Single Joint Mechanics:

practice isolating and sequencing muscle contractions. Tempo 4:4, reps 10-15 (no failure), constant tension. 3 sets of each, 1 minute rest between sets.

• tricep - supine elbow flexion (10 degree incline) @ 90 degree of shoulder flexion. 5sx15, 8sx10, 8sx10
  • bicep - seated elbow flexion with external shoulder rotation @ 10 degree of shoulder flexion 5sx15, 8sx15, 8sx15
  • quad - single-leg seated knee extension @ 90 degree of hip flexion (10, m, 3) 20x10e, 15x15e, 15x12e
  • hamstring - single-leg prone knee flexion @ 0 degree of hip extension, w/foot extended (0, m) 15x15e, 15x12e, 10x10e.

hard to believe, but this is the single hardest workout Max has ever given me--physically and mentally. good stuff. I did actually breathe this time, and afterwards stood in an ice-cold shower for a little while (I was correct: not fun).

DAY 22

meal #1. (Pre-WO) spoonfull of coconut butter, espresso oops, forgot the coconut butter, but it was fine.

meal #2 #1. egg bake w/pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato.

meal #3 #2. salad of tuna, celery, cherry tomato, red onion, black olives, macadamia nut oil mayo over baby greens.

meal #3. applegate beef hotdogs, spinach and broccoli cooked in a little ghee, with something called "garnet aoli" (mashed sweet potato, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic), one brazil nut, 1.5 sheets of sea snax. 1/2 a Gingerade Kombucha.

WORKOUT - Speed, Power

foam rolling and rolling with the massage ball, then KB Practice:

• 2-Hand Swings w/12KG x 10
  • Waiter's Walk w/8KG, 1e
  • 1-Hand Swing w/12KG, 10e x 2
  • High Pulls w/8KG x 10e x 2
  • Snatch w/8KG x 10e x 2

Sprints:

• 15 yard run w/high knees (march), walk back x 2
  • 15 yard run, heels kick glutes, walk back x 2
  • 15 yard sprint, walk back x 4
  • 30 yard sprint (out and back) x 2

DAY 23

meal #1. Pre-WO. packet cashew butter

meal #2. espresso. egg bake w/pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato

meal #3. basalmic beef shortribs from practical paleo over mashed cauliflower

meal #4. chicken sausage sauteed with red bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, spinach. half a gingeraide kombucha, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

rolling with the massage ball, then Jumping:

old school: jump with two feet onto box, repeat, rest to 100 BPM then move on to next.

• 3 risers x 10
  • 4 risers x 5
  • 5 risers x 5
  • 6 risers x 5
  • 7 risers x 5
  • 8 risers x 5 yes!

Medicine Ball Circuit w/10lb ball

complete entire circuit 12/6e, then rest to 150 BPM and repeat. 6 times through

• Overhead Slam

Agility Circuit

complete 6 repetitions of one letter, alternating directions, then rest to 150 BPM, then next letter. Once through everything.

• 'O' (cones in a box shape: run forward to 1st cone, side-shuffle to 2nd cone, backpedal to 3rd cone, side-shuffle to 4th cone)

WORKOUT #2 - w/Trainer

• Finished up single-joint mechanics to be added to my Monday workout: fly, reverse fly, leg press, rotator cuff.

DAY 24

meal #1. espresso. egg bake w/pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, sweet potato

meal #2. basalmic beef shortribs from practical paleo (this has a tomatoey sauce) over mashed cauliflower, added mushrooms, carrots this was so good I was making "nomnom" sounds while eating it...or...could have been because lunch was late and I was extra hungry...or both :)

meal #3. chicken sausage sauteed with red bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, spinach. pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

RECOVERY

my body has been feeling kind of beat up this week, so I gave myself permission to sleep in. managed 15 extra minutes, then headed to the gym for recovery.

• (extended) Foam Rolling
  • (extended) Massage Ball Rolling
  • 10 minute sauna alternating with cold shower x 3

DAY 25

meal #1. (Pre-WO) part of a cashew butter packet

meal #2. espresso. egg bake w/pork, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, cherry tomato

meal #3. (Pre-WO) the other part of a cashew butter packet (except for the part that squirted all over the inside of my gym bag pocket) :blink:

meal #4. chicken sausage sauteed with red bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, spinach.

meal #5. half a banana (and not because I'm a crazy "a whole banana is too much" person, but because I was sharing this with a co-worker). definitely could have gone for a whole banana--needed more fat at lunch? or maybe just more lunch.

meal #6. beef burger with salad of greens, cherry tomato, red onion. olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing, spoonful of macadamia nut oil mayo. wanted warm/cooked food, so skipped the salad in favor of swiss chard, sauteed with onions, garlic, dried cranberries and apple cider vinegar. pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

WORKOUT #1 - Strength

rolling with the massage ball, then TRX circuit:

complete 10/10e reps for the entire circuit, rest to 100 BPM, then restart. Complete 3 circuits. -would be good to add a few reps next time, or maybe switch this one up for another circuit.

• Push Up
  • Curtsey Lunge
  • Row
  • Sprinter
  • Bicep Curl
  • Single Leg Lunge
  • Tricep Extension
  • Jump Squat
  • Shoulder Raise forgot to do the shoulder raise
  • Pike

WORKOUT #2 - Yoga

DAY 26

meal #1. (about 1.5 hours pre-WO) 2 eggs with pork chorizo and cherry tomatoes. espresso.

meal #2. beef burger with guac the last little bit of "garnet aoli" and a spoon of mayo, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes

meal #3. #2 was pretty early, and I realized I would never make it to dinner at 7pm, so scarfed down 2 applegate beef hot dogs, some cherry tomatoes and guac before my volunteer shift, I'll probably have a few chunks of pineapple and banana later during snack time with the kids nope, wasn't hungry.

meal #3 #4. leftover chard w/cranberries from last night + a pork chop. pomegranate/cherry kombucha in sparkling water, one brazil nut. 1.5 sheets sea snax.

mobility exercises, then warmup w/10KG bell:

• two-hand swings 2 sets of (10)
  • I go/you go partner power swings 2 or 3? sets of 15
  • turkish getup (unloaded) x 2

VO2 Max Snatch Sequence

set timer for 15 second intervals. snatch with one hand for 15 seconds, rest 15 seconds, snatch with opposite hand for 15 seconds (I typically got 7 reps per 15 second interval).

• 40?! is it possible this was 40?...rounds w/9KG.

KB Circuit

complete entire circuit, rest until I feel ready to go again (can't see my HRM during class). 3 times through.

• 2-hand Swings 10 w/10KG
  • Ring Pulls x 8-10
  • RKC Plank x 15-20 seconds

then stretching.

Substitute teacher seemed really impressed with my hip drive and my swing, which was cool until I remembered this was the lady I met when I first toured the studio who, instead of listening to my words, took one look at my body and assumed that I was a sedentary person who never works out. Yes, my abilities are impressive compared to your expectations. Feeling lucky to have a trainer and a coach who are able to meet me where I am.

DAY 27

It's going to be a long busy day, and I have no clue how food will sort itself out. I'm not unsure if it will, though, and that seems kind of like a victory.

meal #1. (preWO) packet cashew butter

meal #2. 3 eggs, scrambled with chorizo and spinach. espresso.

meal #3. 3 applegate beef hot dogs, cherry tomatoes, guacamole, spoon of macadamia nut oil mayo. kombucha, 1.5 sea snax, brazil nut (having these at lunch for dinner out).

meal #4. Red Lobster. yeah. grilled salmon, broccoli, possibly salad. scratch that. suburban dinner with family cancelled on account of the weather. cabbage rolls (cabbage, onion, celery, ground beef, ghee) in tomato sauce (tomatoes, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, vinegar).

WORKOUT #1 - finally woke up early enough on a Sunday to try a new Slow Flow Class

WORKOUT #2 - moving Single Joint Mechanics to Sunday, since Max wants me doing all of these in one day it's now too long to wrap it up before work on a typical morning. One exercise at a time. 2 sets of 10-15 reps (no failure), constant tension, slow...4:4 tempo. all leg movements are single leg movements. I'll come back and report weights and reps postWO.

• Tricep 7.5s x 15
  • Bicep 7.5s x 15
  • Quad 10 x 15
  • Hamstring 5 x 15
  • Fly 10s x 15
  • Reverse Fly green band x 15
  • Leg Press ran out of time anyway...I'll pick these up tomorrow
  • Rotator Cuff

Archived