Joanna's Whole 30-

This is my first attempt at doing anything like this. I have always exercised regularly and have been in pretty good shape. I still am in okay shape but some recent transitions including a new job and a move have resulted in all of my clothes being tighter. Bummer. I have kick started my work out and while the scale tells me I have not gained too much weight- my body is telling me otherwise. So here I go.

I started yesterday and had a pretty successful day.

walked dog

work out- ripped in 30 week 1

Meal 1:

Eggs cooked with ghee scrambled and then I had sautéed mixed greens, mushrooms, red peppers and onion and then a grapefruit. (oh and I had a handful of almonds pre workout)

Meal 2: big salad of mixed greens with grilled chicken, avocado, carrots, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar.

Meal 3: guacamole with carrots and orange tomatoes, flank steak with a rub and fried plantains.

I was very full. My concern was that I had too much fat and ate too much. I was not hungry between meals at all.

I had a pretty bad headache in the evening which I connect to not drinking coffee, which I know I can have but thought it be best to break that addiction too.

Day 2:

walked dog

work out- week 2 ripped in 30

Fried eggs with mushrooms, red peppers and onions and then some strawberries.

No headache so far today- which is a bonus. Still feeling full at 11:10am.

I have been invited to lunch at the local retirement home on Thursday after I lead worship there. I am a bit concerned about the food. Last time there was only one option- sloppy joes. I asked the relations person and she is looking into it for me.

Archived