Meal timing...

Ok.. so pre (and during past) Whole30.. I typically ate breakfast at 8/9, lunch at 11, snacks at 1:30 & 3:30, dinner at 5:30, and dessert at 8:30. This whole 3 meals a day thing is probably the part of the program that seems hardest to me. I know now that I was not eating enough at the "big" meals.

Today I added more fat and protein to my breakfast and lunch and was sated so much longer. Breakfast at 8, lunch at 12:30, and a snack (hard-boiled egg and piece of fruit) at 5. I didn't feel hungry between meals with is unheard of for me. We typically eat dinner at 5:30 (except Tuesdays which is why I had the snack) I don't see how I can eat enough at 5:30 to stay sated till 8am the next day. I think if we ate later my kids and hubby wouldn't be too happy.

Should I aim for 4 meals right now. I mean that is a HUGE improvement as to what I was doing before. Maybe 5:30 and a small "mini" meal at like 8.

• Moderators

Yes. Four meals in your situation would be great. I ate 4 to 5 meals per day when I started. Nowadays, I am absolutely stuffed eating just 3 meals per day, but it took a while for me to get there.

Archived