Ground beef + shrimp

I'm not really into eating red meat. For my W30 I was planning on getting protein from ground turkey, chicken breast, canned tuna, eggs, and shrimp. I would be fine eating those for a month. But I keep reading about how you should be buying grass-fed beef (and ruminants in general) first. Am I hurting myself by not eating red meat during my W30 and instead eating the aforementioned protein sources?

Also a question about shrimp -- I haven't been able to find much info online or on the forum about this, but what should I be looking for when buying shrimp?

As a rule of thumb the more variety of foods we can eat, the better, they all contribute different nutrients. Red meat is one of the best proteins it's possible to get. When I started W30, I was a bit wary of it, I was transitioning from a raw food vegan diet but now it's one of my favourites. I'd advise you to try to include some if you at all possibly can but if you really can't face it, then I think it's better to do a W30 without it than not do a W30 at all.

As for shrimp, personally I prefer the ocean caught shrimp to the farmed (I don't like the way it's farmed) but that's just a personal preference.

Archived