NEWBIE - Starting June 1 and am SO excited!!! Huge changes ahead!

Mrsfrosty

I'll be starting on June 8. It will be my third, my husband's second and the first for my kids. I am waiting until school lets out so I don't have to deal with all of the end of year junk food fests. With few wanderings, we stay fairly close to W30 compliance - probably 80%. But I think that last 20% will be challenging for the kids. Good luck to us all!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! I'd love to join your June 1 Whole 30! My name's Kay, I'm 39, and I live in Portland, Or. I really need to manage my sugar cravings and my tendency to eat out of boredom. I'm totally committed to the Whole 30 but I think it'll be easier with a group of people who are doing the same thing. I'm shopping today, going to pick up the book, and relying on my kids to clean out the pantry and fridge of all the "bad" stuff before I start.

I have been doing Paleo for a couple of weeks now, and I love to cook, so I'm happy to share any recipes that I have, or ideas for quick foods. Let's do this!

Hi Kay, I'm also in Portland and started June 1! I went to Zupan's to find some lesser common ingredients and wow... so pricey! Would be nice to share resources with someone local, but forums is prob not the place. If private messages are possible, I'd love to hear from anyone in the area! I've got the book coming from Amazon next week, but am finding the forums very helpful.

Anyway, hello everyone! I'm Lacey, age 37, on Day 2. First Whole30 ever.

Hi all. I too started June 1st. This is going toward the end of day 2. It's harder than I thought it would be. I'm 40 and have about 30-35 pounds to loose. My main goal however is to change my relationship with food. From a very early age I learned that food was a good substitution for love. Later I learned that food worked well to sequester emotions. Then I learned that it wasn't good to be fat. Then I learned all about eating disorders. Now, for once, I would like to learn what it's like to have a "normal" relationship with food.

Heya, this is my first try at this, though i've tried eating paleo/primal for almost a year now. So far so good, just a few blips(like AM crankiness) but nothing unbarable yet! I'm doing this on my own, though my husband is super supportive, and i'm hoping to kick start a new, healthy chapter in my life as a new mother(my little girl is just 7 months old) and finally get over some of the chronic body image issues that plague most american women

The only downside - I tried lining the pan with a little coconut oil so the eggs wouldn't stick - not sure I liked that combination of tastes and the eggs stuck anyways. I used to use Canola oil spray, but since that is out, I'll have to figure something else out. (suggestions always welcome). I'm excited to go through this with all of you!

Do you have access to ghee (clarified butter) at your stores?  I love using that.  I have never used a spray oil so I cannot compare.  Ghee is Whole30 compliant and is wonderful!

Welcome to your Whole30.  I hope it brings about deep and long lasting change!

I'm there with you on the coffee and sweetener! I have been drinking coffee with almond milk, or half and half...and for YEARS have been using the bad stuff...splenda, etc...then switched to stevia..."thinking" it was healthier...NOT...that was a big shock when I read the book. I tried black coffee....ick! I guess I'll either "learn" to like black coffee...or try someone's suggestion of coconut milk in coffee....or I will drink green tea. Also, my husband is happy I am having to give up crystal light and MIO.....all with artificial sweeteners...and protein shakes and prottein bars.....

I tried coffee with full fat coconut milk today, while it wasn't like my hazelnut coffee mate, it was actually pretty good!  I think I will have it daily.

Do you have access to ghee (clarified butter) at your stores?  I love using that.  I have never used a spray oil so I cannot compare.  Ghee is Whole30 compliant and is wonderful!

Welcome to your Whole30.  I hope it brings about deep and long lasting change!

I have some ghee that I purchased at whole foods a while back.  We don't have anywhere local that sells items like that, so I either purchase online (mostly amazon) or gather up random ingredients when I am either in OKC or Dallas.

Have you tried seasoning your eggs when you cook them in the coconut oil?  That is how I have mine every morning.  I use a little bit of a the arizona dreaming spice blend from penzey's spices or sea salt and pepper.  I also thought coconut and eggs didn't sound like it really went together, so I started with more seasonings at first to cover the tastes and then I eventually started to really like it.

I just started today but I have been following a Primal/Paleo lifestyle for a long time but lately I feel like I need a kick in the arse. Good luck to all and be healthy and happy!!

Consider your arse kicked!  Welcome.

I started on June 1 as well...not sure if this is still the right place to find everyone?

This is my first whole30 and I'm hoping to get rid of my non stop compulsive eating and cravings.

Loving the recipes I've made so far and trying some new foods and flavors. (Curry...how did I ever not eat that before?!)

I started on June 1 as well...not sure if this is still the right place to find everyone?

This is my first whole30 and I'm hoping to get rid of my non stop compulsive eating and cravings.

Loving the recipes I've made so far and trying some new foods and flavors. (Curry...how did I ever not eat that before?!)

We are in the community section under whole30 log....whole30 june group

Archived