Baking sweet potatoes: what's with the ooze?

percypat

I always have baked sweet potatoes I the fridge(with and without the ooze! Ooze just means you baked them perfect!). I reheat them in a frying pan in the morning and put in and egg or 2 and some Penzeys Mural blend. My go to breakfast almost every day.

Yesterday I baked 5 small sweet potatoes (I had the oven on for that cauliflower recipe) and thought that'll do me all week. I sliced one and added it to the skillet with the rest of my dinner - Pthfttt, McYeuch :wacko: I do not like them :( It tasted sweeter somehow and I was totally underwhelmed by the texture. In future I will stick to cubing them and doing them in the air fryer. I really missed the crispy spicyness. Now what to do with 4 baked sweet potatoes :huh:

You can mix it with ground beef and onions then make meatballs. I can PM a recipe if you are interested. It has bell pepper, but I recall you are an AIP friend now. I've tried it without peppers and it worked.

In Canada we called them yams (why must things be backwards and confusing?!). I actually hate what we call Sweet Potatoes, which are not sweet at all!

Am I the only one that wraps them in foil to bake? I bake 4-6 at a time and just keep them in the foil in the fridge. I use half of one, skin and all, alongside my eggs or whatever for breakfast almost everyday...usually topped with coconut oil, sometimes I'll add pecans or cinnamon.

At dinner I'll squish out the center and mash ghee or coconut milk to serve alongside chicken or steak.

These are honestly my favourite thing from my Whole 30.

Yesterday I baked 5 small sweet potatoes (I had the oven on for that cauliflower recipe) and thought that'll do me all week. I sliced one and added it to the skillet with the rest of my dinner - Pthfttt, McYeuch :wacko: I do not like them :( It tasted sweeter somehow and I was totally underwhelmed by the texture. In future I will stick to cubing them and doing them in the air fryer. I really missed the crispy spicyness. Now what to do with 4 baked sweet potatoes :huh:

Mix them up with some coconut milk ( spices-- sweet or savory) and three eggs. Bake them at 350 for 35 minutes. Sweet potato soufflé!

Archived