Added fat question

• Moderators

Maybe. How's that for definitive? :)

You want to get a good dose of fat with your meals. If your protein is ground turkey and your veggies spinach and onions, you probably would want to add some avocado or some olives to boost the fat content. If your protein is Bratwurst sausage, you might not want to add more fat.

I get that! :)

I'm sort of "in practice" for a Whole30 in August, and one of the biggies for me is being able to go from one meal to the other without anything to eat in between.

I've been eating good-sized meals (I'm completely satisfied) yet still getting hungry between meals (particularly mid-afternoon, which is always my "hungry time.") I've been on a 6 mini-meals-a-day plan for 10 months, so eating a large meal is sort of freaking my eyes and stomach out a bit.

So, I've wondered what I needed to add. More protein? Fat? Veggies? Some of each? I haven't had much added fat since fat was used in the prep of the meals. Silly me didn't even think about buying avocados at the grocery store last weekend!

Thanks for the tips!

• Moderators

I'm grateful for avocados and how well they blend with lots of foods.

I did my first Whole30 eating 5-6 meals per day and only moved to 3 meals per day over the past few months. I've been eating big meals overall - 4-5 eggs at breakfast, 2 palm-sized portions of protein at lunch and supper, often fatty meat like chicken thighs with skin on and bones in, or adding nuts on top of stir-fried greens and turkey.

That makes me feel better. I was honestly hungry mid-afternoon today and actually had a meal (protein, fat, carb) instead of a "snack" and my stomach was SO happy instead of fighting me for a couple of hours. I will work on this more as I go.

Thanks again!

Archived