How much is too much sweet potato?

Ari.

I eat one large sweet potato every day (1/3 per meal). Can someone give me suggestions for really great sources of carbs other than sweet potato?

Also, I know the meal template includes starchy vegetables but is there any suggested limit to starchy vegetable intake (daily)?

I like butternut squash, it's about the only squash we can reliably get over here, and plantains :wub: and I like to do a roast mix of carrots, swede, parsnips and beets. I think how much starchy veg you have is pretty much an individual thing, some people need more than others. Personally I prefer green veg but I like to try to eat as many different veg as possible :) so usually include some starchy ones as well. I also feel better when I include them

Oh, Kirsteen! I just finished a plate full of asparagus, zucchini, and mushroom scramble, and here I am drooling again! :lol:

Squashes are awesome, especially if you can get a variety of them. Yams, turnips, and parsnips are wonderful too.

As I understand it, if you also hope to lose a bit of weight, you should keep these down to a couple of times per week, or avoid them altogether, until you reach your weight-loss goal. Otherwise, one meal a day can really help keep you feeling satisfied. especially if you're the active/athletic type.

Archived