Real flu

A couple people at work had the real flu (as opposed to carb flu which I'm sure I don't have) earlier in the week and now I do as well. I'm on day 25 and really don't want to wreck my Whole 30 at this point! I grew up eating bread, crackers, soup and Sprite when I was sick but obviously can't have most of that. I am certain I won't have the energy to make homemade soup anytime soon.. So what can I eat? At this point I can't even keep water down but I figure I should come up with some grocery store requests for my boyfriend. Are there any whole 30 friendly store bought very mild soups? Thanks in advance for the help.

When I was sick during one of my whole30's the only thing I could stomach was plain (salt only) oven-roasted parsnips and carrots. I made a big pan and lived on those, broth and water for a few days. I 'graduated' to plain (peeled) apple slices until I felt better.

I know it wasn't an optimal diet, but it wasn't anything that was going to wreck me and it got me through it. It was SUPER hard not to want to turn to crackers and dry toast to 'settle my stomach' when I knew it would do the exact opposite!!

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I had my boyfriend get some compliant broth at Whole Foods. I'm not exactly up to cooking anything right now, even the thought of food makes me feel ill. For today my goal is to keep water down ;) I'll try broth & coconut water tomorrow and some very plain roasted veggies after that. "Optimal diet" is definitely not a priority right now but I don't want to break Whole 30 entirely. Thanks again!

Archived