Zucchini noodles

I've heard to salt them, put them on a paper towel on a cookie sheet and "sweat" them for 20 minutes at 200 degrees in the oven. I have not tried that yet. So far, I've just eaten them raw. It makes for some watery pasta sauce, but I like it anyway. Someday, when I have more time, I'll try the sweating method.

once you've "noodled" them, put them in a sieve or colander & chuck salt all over them. Then leave them over the sink or a bowl for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse the salt off & squeeze them dry between paper towels (don't wring them in a tea towel like i did once, or you end up with little tiny bits!). You don't have to get them totally dry, just get the excess water out. Then fry them in a dry frying pan (is that a skillet on that side of the pond? ;) ) for a couple of minutes, perhaps add a splash of olive oil towards the end if they start to stick. No more soggy noodles. Yummy. And thanks to "Well Fed" for the method!

Maybe this isn't good for some reason but I'm super lazy so I just make the zoodles, squeeze out the water in paper towel, then wrap in fresh paper towels. Store it wrapped in the paper towels in a pyrex in the fridge. When ready to eat just numeric for a minute or 2. Love them!

Archived