Liz's W30 Adventure

PitBullMamaLiz

Major downer today at work - didn't even get an interview for a job I'd been told I was a shoe-in for.  Normally I would have stopped at Friendly's or something on the way home and grabbed a gigantic sundae.  Though that still sounds tasty, I didn't do it.  I'm not going to console myself with food.  I'm going to pout and be upset, but still properly nourish my body.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 13.  I'm tired today - not to the point of not functioning, but I'd love to take a nap.  Probably part of it is still being down about not getting an interview. 

Day 4 without caffeine.  I've just been drinking lots and lots of water, and I'm getting VERY tired of sprinting to the bathroom every hour!  LOL

Haha, I'm on day 2 of no caffeine and I've been drinking gallons of herbal tea to make up for it. At least we're getting more activity in for the day!

Sorry to hear about the job thing, what a bummer. Hopefully something better is just around the corner!

Day 14!  Almost halfway!  Ended up breaking down and drinking caffeinated tea this morning 'cause I was dragging.  Tried it with coconut milk and it wasn't too bad.  Kind of a nice change from black tea. 

My mom is still raving about how well she's eating while she's up here with me, which is really nice to hear.  I also have one friend who started a W30 a few days ago, and another who is contemplating at least switching to paleo eating. 

Yesterday I really wanted to weigh myself because I felt like I was having a skinnier day, but I refrained.  :-)

I want to order a pizza.  Not so much for the flavor but just the laziness.  I need to go grocery shopping and then come home and cook, and that just seems like a lot of work right now.  I kind of miss being able to be lazy with food!  But laziness isn't worth it I suppose.

Though if anybody had lazy ideas, I'd take 'em!  LOL

Day 17!  Made it through last night without caving to pizza, though sadly, I did moan a little as I walked by a giant display of cheesy poofs at the grocery store.  I could have demolished the entire thing in one sitting.  But I refrained, LOL.

Today I'm sleepy.  Not sure I got enough fat yesterday so I wonder if that's part of it?  So I've had a lazy day snoozing on the couch with the cat and dog, but I am going for a nice walk at 2, so that'll be good.

Today was day 18 - cruising right along!  Did get a touch annoyed on Facebook - one of my friends posted making fun of people who cut out food groups, and then when I called her on it by saying, "you eat what you want, and I'll eat what I want," she said that paleo is very triggering for orthorexics and they can't cut out food groups.  SO DON'T DO IT.  Why is there such a need to criticize what other people are eating, and ENJOYING eating?  I don't go around and point out pasta and sneer and say, "I can't believe you're eating that."  Because I don't care.  I know how I feel when I eat primal/W30 compliant, and I know how I feel when I eat junk.  To each their own.

Day 19!  The only thing I still struggle with (and I use that term pretty lightly) is breakfast.  I've always eaten breakfast, but because I get up at 5, I usually take my breakfast to work and eat around 8 or 8:30.  So I'm been still taking it to work (I'm NOT getting up earlier!) but eating it around 7 or 7:30 instead.  I've also been increasing my veggie intake with breakfast.  But it just doesn't sit well.  I have to struggle to eat it all and it just feels heavy afterwards.  I miss my later, lighter breakfasts.  :-(

Day 21!  Now I'm starting to get worried about what I'm going to do after my W30.  I do well with this kind of strictness, but I know that sometimes I'm just going to want some ice cream, or pasta, or bread slathered in butter (mmmm...butter...).  So I think I'm going to stay mostly W30 and just figure out how often I'll allow myself to go off plan.  Once a week?  Once every two weeks?  I don't know.  I'm just afraid of ruining all the hard work I've done so far.

Made cold-brewed coffee this morning and put some coconut milk in and voila!  I can drink coffee again!  I've kind of missed it.  It's not perfect, but I can adjust to it much more easily than bulletproof or plain black coffee.  The cold-brewing makes it milder. 

On an awesome note, I was referred to at work as "that girl who lost all the weight."  *insert happy dance*  Not just over my W30 as I'm honestly not sure if I've lost, but just over time from eating Primal I've been steadily and slowly losing.  But that was really good for my ego.  :-)

Somebody broke into my house today.  Thank god neither of my animals were hurt, and they didn't get anything because the security alarm went off.  But I was still pretty hysterical.  I've never felt so violated.  I almost caved tonight and buried myself in grains, but didn't. Didn't eat according to the template as I wasn't hungry because of the stress, but did at least have a few bites of leftover meat/fat.  Proud of myself for not giving in to that desire to squelch my feelings in carbs.

How horrible about your house! Glad nobody was hurt and nothing was taken. Great job not eating your feelings! 

Do you have any non-food stress relievers? Maybe a long quiet walk? A favorite light movie or book? I think you need to get your mental equilibrium again so you can get back on your good food.

A break in? That's terrible! I once had my (very expensive) bike stolen, and I remember that sick, helpless feeling. I can't imagine how much worse it is when it's your house. I'm glad your pets are safe. Well done on not giving into your old fallback methods of stress eating. Take care of yourself, and stay safe!

Thank you both.  I did better with dinner - 2 hamburger patties cooked in coconut oil, 2 whole tomatoes sliced and sprinkled with sea salt and drizzled with balsamic, and a sweet potato with ghee.  I've been just hanging out at home trying to relax.  The person hit the 2nd and 3rd houses down from me today mid-morning.  He's brazen.  I know he won't come back because of my alarm, but still.  I truly am thrilled I didn't cave in and order a pizza and wings and eat all of it.  That's really big for me.  

Tomorrow I'll go grocery shopping and get back on full track.  With only 8 days to go I want to do them really well.

Thank you again for the kind words!

Wow, day 24!  So strange to think it's almost over.  It's cool to see how easy it is for me to turn down temptations - last night there was an awesome-looking birthday cake at a friend's house, and I thought that one bite would have been good, but I certainly had no trouble saying no.  And I didn't feel resentful watching everybody else eat it, either.  

Oh!  LOL Forgot that my Facebook avatar would transfer over to here!  That's from last year - my dad and I on a super high bridge in NM over the Rio Grande.  It was so windy but it's one of my favorite pictures of us.  Love him.  :-)

And yeah, I felt really good being able to easily say no.  One of my friends told me later how proud she is of me and what an inspiration I am.  That was nice to hear.

Wow.  Do you know what today is?  Day 29.  So weird!  Already looking forward to having scrambled eggs with CHEESE on Sunday morning, LOL.  AFTER I weigh in and measure, of course.  We're having cake at work on Monday, and I'm going to allow myself to have a tiny sliver of it, maybe 3 bites worth.  I think one thing the W30 has taught me is that the stuff I want/crave (I hate to use the word crave, because it's really not) is really only delectable for about 3 bites, and then it's like yep, okay, that was fun. 

I'm looking forward to weighing/measuring, but I'm also nervous about it.  I FEEL like my pants are fitting better - but what if nothing has changed???  That would crush me and lead me to believe it was all in my head.  But I have to have lost a few pounds, or inches or something, because I am getting droopier drawers, LOL.

Archived