Maintaining whole 30 habits after leaving home?

I'm currently 14 years old, and nearly 25 days through my first whole 30. It's going great, (aside from the occasional withdrawals from chocolate :P), and I plan to keep up this lifestyle for the rest of my life. The only problem is how expensive it seems to be.

Living at home, my mum still doesn't have the money to always buy less processed/pre made things (for example, sometimes I have to have the Woolworths BBQ chicken, even though it has sugar in the marinade), and I was recently wondering - how am I going to keep this up when I move out? I'm planning on leaving when I'm 16 - just under a year and a half away - and I'm sure I'll be tight for money when it comes to renting an apartment, and eventually uni, let alone catering for my dietary needs.

Could anyone please give me some advice on what I'm to do? It would be much appreciated. :)

What a lovely and well spoken 14 year old you are. Your mum is lucky to have you and has raised you well. :0)

We all just do the best that we can. You will learn cost saving tips and tricks along the way. I watch for sales and focus my resources on what is important to me. Eggs from pastured chickens are a lot more cost bearable than grass fed beef. Congratulations for finding this so early in life.

Hello! Whereabouts in Aussie are you? (If you don't mind my asking?)

Look out for sales like Susan said. Eggs and canned fish (I've just discovered sardines - terrific value for excellent protein and omega 3 to boot) are your friends. Start looking for recipes and finding news ways to cook them now so you know exactly how to keep them interesting when you move out.

If you can, get yourself a crockpot (slow cooker) for when you leave. Great way to make cheap cuts of meat tender and delicious.

For your veggies, eat what's in season. They'll be cheaper (and tastier).

Well done on your Whole 30 so far :)

Archived