Question about fat

planetofthegrapes

So we want to include some healthy fat with each meal, right? Avocado and coconut flakes seem like the easiest/most convenient source for that, from what I've read.

But if we use olive oil or coconut oil or coconut milk in our cooking, does that count as our serving of fat? Or should it be a separate part of the meal?

Yes cooking fats count as long as they make it to your plate and dont stay in the pan. :0)

Suppose I make three fried eggs for breakfast and used olive oil to heat up the pan (I guess here it would be best to use coconut oil, right? Because of the high temperature?). Obviously I take the eggs out of the pan but I don't pour the excess olive oil on my plate. Should I add another type of fat to this, or is the oil in the pan enough?

Yep, the only time i really count the fat I cook with is when the food absorbs it. For instance, cooking plantains soaks up all the fat in the pan but eggs just slide around in it. I prefer to err on the side of having slightly too much than not enough.

Archived