Muscle cramping and slow recovery

Shells

I'm not sure if this question has already been posted or not, but I'm on day 21 of the Whole 30 and doing well with the eating plan, staying compliant and really enjoying the whole process! However, I have noticed since starting the Whole 30 that during short runs, my quads will almost completely lock up with cramping and I'm sore for days afterwards. I'm not a fast runner and only do 3 or 4 miles at a time and mix in yoga and cycling during the week. I eat pre and post and try to make sure it's starchy food, but not sure what's happening and if I still need something that I'm not eating to help my muscles recover. It literally feels the way I felt after running a marathon, which is not normal! Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you getting enough Salt? If you have went from a highly processed diet to natural food your salt intake will have decreased hugely. If your then training heavy you will have a greater salt requirement that the average Joe. Add a sprinkle of atlantic or himalayan salt into your water bottle when training also you might find that magnesium might help. Green veg are good sources of magnesium. broccolli, Spinach, kale etc or take a supplement 20 mins before going to bed (aids sleep).

C

Archived