Can I have egg yolks and red meat if I have high cholesterol?

AAW

I have V. high cholesterol and do not want to take statins. i was 4 times normal range and chock full of bad cholesterol on my last test about 6 weeks ago. I am on day 20 and eat eggs daily. I am 44 yrs old.

Lots of new research on this, but it will take years for conventional medicine to catch up. Too much money and stubborness/arrogance involved. Plus, $$$ from Pharmaceutical companies. Coconut oil is good, too. For some reason, medicine doesn't want to remember that the original studies on coconut oil were done with hydrogenated oil...

Many good articles printed in Well Being Journal over the past year on cholesterol. I think you can access them on line and even buy past issues.

http://www.wellbeingjournal.com/

Go Whole30 and/or Paleo for 6 months and get rechecked. I had very good cholesterol numbers prior to eating Paleo, but they even got better. Total cholesterol did go up, but I wanted that (mine is too low). Ratios improved and I'm sure inflammatory markers went down. I'd love to get a full diagnostic panel run one day.

Archived