Backpacking

mwagner987

I work for the US Forest Service and as such work 10-13 hour days in the field and often spend 3-4 overnight trips hiking out to do research and need to pack all my food. Has anyone had any experience with good options that don't require to be cold or heated and can pack well? I have my traditional things/foods that I bring along but I get bored easily and am always looking to try new foods and recipes, especially with my backpacking limitations.

Any helpful ides would be super appreciated!

Michelle

beef jerky (obvi), sardines, tuna, macadamias, hazelnuts, frank's hot sauce, SMOKED SALMON (love this stuff), olives, really dark chocolate (if you are not in the middle of a w30), baby food pouches, lara bars, coconut flakes, coconut butter, dried figs...

hope some of those are new ideas for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Pemmican, dehydrated fruit, cheese if you do dairy while not doing a W30, homemade Whole30 compliant meals dehydrated... ? I haven't backpacked since I started eating paleo... it will be interesting when I do get back out there. I think there are a few posts on Marks Daily Apple talking about backpacking food.

Archived