Where do I go from here?

I could use some insight and encouragement from you wonderful people.

I started my first Whole30 at the beginning of March and I haven't ever stopped. (I have had some chocolate on about 3 occasions, but other than that, there have been no situations where I have cheated or veered off the program.) I am a cake decorator, and I've even managed to not have any cake or icing in all this time.

I didn't intend to go so long on the Whole30. I mean a couple more weeks and I'll be at the Whole100 mark! What happened is that I got to the end of my first Whole30 and felt like there was no reason to change. I was comfortable with how and what I was eating. So I just kept going, not sure where it was going to lead.

My main objective in doing the program was weight loss. I am 5 ft 8 in and was nearing 300 lbs. I have had success in that area. In my first two months I lost 23 pounds and am down one solid clothing size. This last month I have ditched the scale and am just trying to keep plugging along. I'm pretty sure I haven't had much weight loss this month. My clothes are fitting exactly the same and I just don't feel like things are continuing in that direction. I plan to weigh at the end of the third month, but maybe not. . .

I feel pretty good most of the time. I know that I am still not very good in the area of getting enough sleep. I'm working on that. And yes, it is after midnight as I type this. :) If I get that part in order, I know I'll feel wonderful. Like I've read around these parts, if the problem isn't dietary, then changing your diet won't fix it.

So what am I trying to accomplish with this post? I guess I need some reassurance that the weight will continue to come off as I continue to eat this way. I still have a very long way to go.

I also need to decide how eating is going to look from here on out. I know I will continue to eat Paleo, but exactly how strict I need to be is still a grey area.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

First off congratulations on your journey so far! Amazing results!

I would say your primary next focus should be on getting enough sleep (7-8 hours a night). Set a time for bed and stop using all screens (tv, computer, phone) an hour before that time. Set up a routine for yourself in that hour to reinforce that you are going to bed. Be super protective of your sleep time. If your food is good sleep will help keep your weight loss going for sure.

I've read this on here from several different people and it is true, your body has its own to do list. It is healing in so many more ways than your relationship with gravity. Just keep doing the things that make you more healthy!

As far as how to continue with your eating ask yourself if there is anything you truly miss. It is definitely worth doing a reintroduction of those things so that if you are faced with them you can make an educated choice. Read carefully through the reintroduction section of It Starts With Food and make a good plan. I've found with reintroduction its best to introduce things at home vs a restaurant as you know exactly what you are eating at home so you can isolate exactly what you are reacting too.

Keep up the great work and I hope to hear more awesome reports of your journey!

I just want to say bravo on your dedication to your health. I am on day 26 and hope to just continue on as you have done.

I look forward to reading the responses that you get.

Archived