Going Paleo & doing a Leptin Reset

Erg, have the flu (not carb flu), had a touch of this before I started but I thought I had it beat. I will say though, even with the flu I feel much healthier, like I've got more fuel in the tank or something. Still feel warmer, have not worn my jacket for 3 days and it's freezing here, fog n all. This is a different kind of wellness to the Whole30 Tiger Blood. If I was a car, Tiger Blood seems more like a high performance upgrade (sports car, zippy and zoomy) but this, this is more like _not_ being in the wrong gear, or not driving with the handbrake on, smoother somehow. I've got a few more days to go until I'm 2 weeks into the Leptin Reset.

Didn't get as much sleep yesterday and had more carbs in the last half of the day than the first half (opposite to what I'm supposed to do). Making a note of this so I remember. 

Had a fruit craving yesterday in the afternoon, for me, fruit cravings do seem to coincide with getting sick. Not sure if it's due to the fruit having more carbs/sugar than anything else I eat (energy boost?) or if it's antioxidants (I mostly have berries). I'm leaning towards antioxidants as I have no cravings for anything else sweet (sugar, etc) Not eating the fruit doesn't seem to make a difference, if I crave it, I get sick, regardless of whether I eat any fruit or not.

Feeling worse today, but haven't had a full day of antibiotics yet. Often the secondary infections/symptoms are worse for me than the original bug. Cannot bring myself to eat/drink anything yet, stomach is not happy, even the thought of ginger tea is making it all crampy.

Any thoughts on booch with a funny tummy? yay/nay?

I had red curry last night and will probably stick with more curry today once my stomach settles down, as it helps with my sinuses

Slept heaps yesterday, slept in today, still tired. Feeling very warm (fever) in the face.

Feeling worse today, but haven't had a full day of antibiotics yet. Often the secondary infections/symptoms are worse for me than the original bug. Cannot bring myself to eat/drink anything yet, stomach is not happy, even the thought of ginger tea is making it all crampy.

Any thoughts on booch with a funny tummy? yay/nay?

Oh, so you're feeling sick and are wondering booch might help?  Is that it?  If you're not used to it, they say to tread carefully, but if you've drunk it before with no ill effects and you actually feel like drinking it, then maybe you could try having a few sips?  Especially if it's the only thing you fancy drinking!  That's what I would do, in my total lack of medical knowledge.

Poor thing, flu is evil.  Sounds like you have the real deal, not the flu some people complain about when they get a cold!  ;)   Rest lots, mmmkay?

Feeling human today! Tired but human :)

I only had a little booch, I find it very sweet so can't drink much of it.

Nuts are allowed, but nut oils to be avoided, to help the Omega 3 vs Omega 6 balance.

I have been keeping nuts to a minimum, as we can't get the O3/O6 test here in Oz.

Have blown my reset on the meal timings and ketosis, couldn't eat breakfast today either.

Maybe your booch wasn't fermented for very long?

Glad you are starting to feel better.  That's too bad about the reset but what can you do ...  There's not much room to manoeuvre is there, and you need that room when you're as sick as you've been!

I think it's sweet because I eat so few things with even natural sugars. I only have berries for fruit, pumpkin and sweet potato are very sweet to me too :)

Yep, gonna just try and get back on the horse, if I can't keep to meal times I'll do the rest.

Stomach still very flaky  :blink:  I think it's the antibiotics (had these before, not sure why stomach is rebelling so much this time). I had some rice noodles around lunch time and some gluten free bread before work (nothing was going down at 5am). Meat not digesting well (SO not like me lol I love meat!), nor veggies actually. Even tea and water are making me a little queasy, very weird. I need another repeat of these, I hope my stomach recovers before they run out.

On the plus side, head feels awesome, not football sized at all  :D my ears are a little puffy, but not blocked, no sound alteration.

For some historical perspective, this is actually the worst sinus attack I've had since I've gone gluten free (Jan 2013 Whole30) and while it might seem bad, this is nothing compared to what I used to live with all the time, my old "normal". In previous years, this could have been two weeks off work, 3 sets of different antibiotics and a cat scan, with talk of more surgery.

• 1 month later...

Archived