I'm making it through Memorial Weekend!

Judy Villano

I am on Day 9 this morning. But, I had the most HORRIBLE heart burn and gas last night. I know I had way too much london broil at dinner. It was so good I couldn't stop eating reaching for more. I'm still feeling the effects this morning and struggling to eat my breakfast. I don't know if I'm full or if there's just too much gas in me to eat.

Otherwise, the past days have been FANTASTIC!! I do need to stop picking at the dried fruit and remember that they are for cooking and not snacking! But, I've been good at not comprising my Whole30 with hidden sugars in other things. I have a stockpile of broth in my pantry, but all of them have YEAST or something else non-compliant in them and broke down and went to the store for the $5 carton of Imagine brand. That was a bit heart wrenching... COST! But- our healthy (family and I) are worth it.

Now, if this gas will go away- I can continue eating my breakfast. We'll be at church from 9ish to 1, so I need to be sustained. There's nothing buy bagels and pastries from Panera at the coffee bar there. And I have no idea what to eat for lunch today when we get home.

Tonight I'm going to try moroccan meatballs with fous-cous.

Stay strong and remember that whatever you're feeling at any given moment will shift if you can wait it out. I hate it when that desire for a "party in my mouth" happens. You were smart to log in. Read the logs of other people. Doing that helps me remember that I'm not alone with this.

I hope you feel better in the morning!

Archived