Why is honey not approved when fruit is?

spagirl

I may be wrong but I believe honey has many benefits, if it is raw and organic.

After reading the book and the section that states sugar=sugar... wouldn't that apply to fruit then?

Just learning, trying to get things straight before beginning and goofing!

Thanks!

Someone asked about Stevia earlier. This must be the week of questioning sweeteners...or lack thereof. :0)

Fruit is more than just sugar. It also contains fiber and vitamins. Honey can certainly be used when you are riding your own bike but it is not deemed valuable while on W30.

Lol! Makes sense.

I understand the whole 30 as a way to really refine my diet/choices and just the way I think about food.

I started a paleo challenge at my gym and had an epic fail at a BBQ yesterday.

Felt awful this morning, like a food hangover. Ick. Some dairy (French onion dip! Yes, with chips! hehe). No roll on the burger but they were all made with cheese. Anyway...

I don't think honey will be bad in moderation AFTER the whole 30.

Just don't want to mess it up because I wasn't informed.

Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, honey is generally used to sweeten things that are not naturally so.  We'd like you to become accustomed to the honest taste of food, so we ask you to avoid doing that in general (with the exception being some fruit juice in a sauce or condiment recipe for a savory dish).

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Rob Tisinai said:

Wouldn't that mean never adding any spices to food at all?

If there was a worldwide epidemic of overconsumption of cumin or basil or pepper, with many associated metabolic conditions as a result thereof, then, ya, spices would probably be restricted on the program.

• 2 months later...

The body can't tell the difference between cane sugar, honey and upside down sugars - something really artificial. You don't have to eat dates or use them for anything but they are compliant.  

An actual date is a food in whole form, just like an apple or orange or red grape.

Archived