Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

It's okay. There are over 500 posts in this thread. Very hard to pick out the answer you need without a table of contents. :0) We were all nervous nellys at first.

Yeah, I think you should add a table of contents Susan.  Once it is done, I will steal it copy it into the first comment ;).

Yeah, I think you should add a table of contents Susan. Once it is done, I will steal it copy it into the first comment ;).

#########################

Driving through a tunnel..phone is breaking up..can't hear you. :D:D

• Like 2

I was actually thinking of printing it all out and highlighting, labeling, obsessing...while I watch Scooby grow.

I hope it's not unlucky to name your Scoby before it's born.  Hatched.  Grown. Whatever.

KB-I was assembling my receipts (I'm an accountant...I keep all receipts) to return the tea until I remembered something.  I like tea!  LOL.

• Like 2

Sophie, any news? First sip? Converted hubs? 

Waiting til tonight to try (it's morning here).  Promised myself I'd give it two days!

It doesn't look very fizzy :(  Probably should have filled the bottles up more!

Yay, megmac!  Photo of Scooby set up please!

Tonight is a good night:

CAM00135_zpscf199e3b.jpg

Just a little tingle of fizz, nothing crazy.  Raspberry-vanilla very tasty.  Even hubby said "hmm, not bad" after a sip.

• Like 4

I don't have any clue about all the photo apps you guys talk about.  If I can take a pic on my ipad and simply attach it, you will see the Scooby snack!  Otherwise I might have to wait for my nephew to show up and work his tech saavy magic.  :)

By the way, I drank a bottle of grape last night right before bed and slept fantastically, so I guess it wasn't the caffeine after all that was keeping me up.  Maybe it was booch envy! 

I use photobucket.  Nadia put me onto it - before that I was completely photo-on-web illiterate.  But we're all given a limited amount of space here on the site so you can directly attach a few photos :)

Ok I am being impatient .. tomorrow is Day 7.  How much longer do I have to wait? :rolleyes:

i also just found out my co-worker also brews his own kombucha.  I told me he could have gave me a scoby!  anyways, he said he lets it sit for 2 weeks before drinking.  blah.

Definitely trying peach ginger basil next time! 

I just swapped out a new batch.  Orange flavored starting 2nd ferment, new batch brewing with scoby and baby scoby moved to the hotel with grandma.  Fun!

• Like 2

I use photobucket.  Nadia put me onto it - before that I was completely photo-on-web illiterate.  But we're all given a limited amount of space here on the site so you can directly attach a few photos :)

Not with iphone/ipad  :(

And I just have to rave that beets kombucha is flipping fantastic. If you are weird enough. 

Not with iphone/ipad  :(

And I just have to rave that beets kombucha is flipping fantastic. If you are weird enough. 

Oh really?  I wouldn't know.  Hubby is anti-Apple so we don't have such things in this house!

I would definitely be down with trying beets kombucha!  Do you just roast the beets before they go in?  Any magical pixie dust secrets? :P

• Like 1

Definitely trying peach ginger basil next time! 

I just swapped out a new batch.  Orange flavored starting 2nd ferment, new batch brewing with scoby and baby scoby moved to the hotel with grandma.  Fun!

Did your son help you out with bottling?  The orange was his idea wasn't it? :)

Orange vanilla creates the most swypo cream soda flavor ever. 

As per my posts above (sorry for the broken record peeps) beets - bake them, cut them, add them. Keep couple days in a fridge after straining. Flavors mixed with orange juice I've added. I think a bit of strawberry will be awesome to add. I also love carrots. Carrot+ginger, Carrot+apple and carrot cake pie spices :D All are good! 

• Like 1

Yep, my 8yo is helping with the kombucha science experiment and requested orange.  I may have to add a little vanilla - great idea, Nadia!  Blackberry basil will be on my list this summer, too!