Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

My tea and sugar are now cooling.  My vessel has been washed and rinsed with distilled vinegar.  The spot for my vessel has been prepped.

Now I wait for it to cool, then 8 long days!  

I agree with megmac; I never would have had the courage to try this without all of you!

Kombuchakamp had to replace my heatstrip twice. They felt badly so they sent me two little gifts. One small bag of organic dried ginger and one small bag of organic hibiscus. Cant wait to use them with this next batch. How fun!!

I have an iPhone so can easily attach a picture, it's reading the posts on a tiny little phone that's hard! Lol-not my favorite part of my 40s!

I just bought what I hope is my last case of kombucha from WF. :)

I just tried to take a pic but my tea is so dark you can't see him. He's mostly clear.

Oh yes meg. I know what you mean. I always grab my old lady reading glasses before opening tapatalk. Do you use tapatalk? Makes the site very phone friendly. You can't "like" posts from it though. Or edit a post.

Btw, when I was at the co-op today I decided to treat myself to a fancy lemonade.  Clearly, it contains sugar, but it was a freshly squeezed lemonade that also had ginger, apple and cayenne.

Yep - lemon ginger apple and cayenne will be tried!

Well I haven't got my booch brewing yet but I froze two ice cube trays of strawberry puree for flavoring when I do.  ;)

~~~~~~~

Now that is darned brilliant Physibeth!  

Thanks. I bought a flat of Strawberries from my produce delivery so half are getting frozen and the rest I pureed. I also have a bunch of kiwis that I don't seem to be eating and was wondering if I should just puree those too. If I do should I peel them first or just puree fuzz and all?

Yes I think peeling them is a good idea. I saw something today that jumped out at me at the store but I dont remember what it was. FIGS!! I was intrigued by that idea. Maybe fig and dried ginger. It says on the package of ginger and hibiscus that I should use 1/2 tsp per 16oz. Such a tiny bit. I'll have to see.

• Like 1