Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

I dont remember paying anything for mine but that means nothing. I just looked and there are pink red and blue ones now. Mine is the old community reader and of course now I want to see what the difference is.

Nadia they arent so much grainy as icy. Its not the texture but the sour flavor. I used a pretty much plain booch. Maybe it would be better with some fruit flavor. Olivia loved it. It made her tongue double in size...slurp slurp.

My pups loves booch, so much so that when she hears the pop hiss of the swingtop bottle opening, she comes running!  Sorry the pops didn't work out Susan!  I am sure you will get it down.  My friend makes a delicious pineapple cilantro tea that I use for flavoring, perhaps that would be tasty in conjunction with Derval's popsicle recipe.

If anyone is interested in some really great teas, mail order:

www.butikiteas.com

She does a lot of research and tasting to bring really unique flavors like potato pancake and applesauce (actually delicious) and banana walnut.  She has an extensive collection!

A few little chunks of frozen mango and 5 days of 2nd fermentation =

IMG_20130616_203754_zps2f815ffb.jpg

We had to open and quickly the close the lid a few times as the froth just kept coming.  And it doesn't even taste like mango!  But it's mega fizzy.  Think the lack of mango taste probably comes from not enough mango, along with the fact that I used frozen.  That's fine.  I'll take the fizz as a big win  :D

• Like 2

I usually test my bottles every couple of days for fizz.  When they reach the super explody point I will move them to the fridge.  Cooling them down will help them not geyser up when opening but will retain fizziness.

I collected about 3 cups of mulberries from my tree out back so I'm going to do mulberry lime and mulberry lavender today when I bottle.  I want to make jam with the mulberries but it's hard when I can't actually taste it.....W30 problems.

I am total n00b brewer so it's all new and scary!  I've been testing my bottles by pushing on the lids everyday - until today I could push them down easily, realised tonight that the mango one was hard.  Gave the remaining bottles a wee check and they're not at the explodey point so will let them go a bit longer.  Ooh, it's so much fun.

If I couldn't taste, let alone eat, the jam I don't know if I'd bother making it ...  What else can you do with them apart from flavouring booch?

Oh yes meg. I know what you mean. I always grab my old lady reading glasses before opening tapatalk. Do you use tapatalk? Makes the site very phone friendly. You can't "like" posts from it though. Or edit a post. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can "like" a post from tapatalk (well, I have tapatalk 2) by clicking on the post to bring up the toolbar at bottom and then click on the icon that looks like a compass pointing northeast. That opens tapatalk in what it looks like on your phones browser and then you can like and click back to get back to the forum. The editing is (I hope) a temporary glitch.

Michele I think I have the first tapatalk that was available to us. No compass pointing Northeast. :) I just have reply, quote, edit and share. I may have to look into tapatalk 2. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Oh, I see. Tapatalk 2 is $3.99 in the App Store, but I think it's worth it as much as I'm on here.

Mo, do you have an iphone? When I go to playstore, I only see the tapatalk community reader which I have and tapatalk that comes in colors (which the screenshot of looks very annoying) but they are all 2.99. I dont see anything that is 3.99. Maybe Tapatalk 2 is just for iphone?

I couldnt resist trying my hibiscus and dried ginger that KK sent me so I took a plain bottle from the fridge and put 1/2 tsp of each. Oh my..hibiscus is amazing. Also..maybe because of third ferment overnight, fizzy like Mt. St Helens. The color after just 24 hours is amazing.

post-3818-13714014682343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2