Restarting while hanging my head in shame

tabby

Well after initially doing really well I let friday night social fun catch me and crashlanded off my whole30 with sushi and red wine. So after much embarassment Im starting over. Ive got kilos of prepared food in the fridge so I cant get distracted while hungry. any tips for staying focused?

I found the very best thing that helped me was signing up for the daily emails. I really enjoyed getting them, found them really informative and just knowing that to get the next days, I had to stay compliant that day really helped. They were well worth it. good luck

And maybe avoid certain social situations or cut out early. It's only 30 days. How did you feel after eating the rice and wine? For me, the headache from wine and belly discomfort from sugary stuff (I haven't tried rice) do a pretty good job of getting me back on track in my post-W30 world.

I found the very best thing that helped me was signing up for the daily emails. I really enjoyed getting them, found them really informative and just knowing that to get the next days, I had to stay compliant that day really helped. They were well worth it. good luck

I signed up for the daily emails but don't start til june 1 so I only have the day zero prep email so far but love it

No reason for shame. Disappointment maybe but not shame. Eating is not a moral issue. Best of luck.

Yes! Very well said.

Eating is not a moral issue.

So true. We have so much talk about eating: "I was good." Or, "I was bad." So when you are "bad" you get down on yourself, which makes it more likely you'll punish yourself by eating more stuff that makes you feel worse and on and on.

When you take the moral issue out and think of it in terms of eating something that will make you more healthy or less healthy, it moves eating out of the moralistic, willpower, discipline, good/bad area into the area of choice and responsibility.

The emails do help a lot. And figure out what you can do differently in a social situation. Though, I agree about skipping social stuff in the early days. I skipped a b'day party in a bar on Day 4 bc I wasn't sure I could stick with my plans. Give yourself the best chance for success. You can do this.

Archived