LadyM's seduction continues (sur son propre velo)

LadyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your log makes me feel like you've been very busy.  So glad your sleep is wonderful and your back continues to improve.

I hope the treatment for the serotonin issue brings some relief.

I'm impressed with your ability to do a W30 as if it was nothing.  I don't think I could pull that off!

• Moderators

Day 29

M1 peach, chicken, swoon sauce, 8

M2 berries, kale chips, chicken, awesome sauce, 12:15

M3 peach, chicken, awesome sauce, fennel apple salad, 5:30

Exercise PT, walking for errands, 90-min walk

Meals are super simple and a little blah, but I'm having a tough time mustering up the energy for anything more. I've got all the goods to make an egg bake and gyoza meatballs, but I don't want to do the work. I will, though. I need to get that egg dish made and eaten before I go on vacation Sunday. And I could go for some variety of flavor.

PT today showed good progress. The PT gave me some core exercises to start doing, so that's an excellent sign. I'm pleased with it.

Rainy and grey today, but it's cooler and it suits my mood. I just want to lie around and read all day. So, you know what? That's exactly what I'm going to do!

• Moderators

Day 30!

M1 plums, chicken breast w awesome sauce (nts: ate 1/2 the breast and it tided me as well as a whole), bone broth, 8:30

M2 gyoza chicken patty, Asian slaw, raspberries, 12:30

M3 swirly quiche, kale chips, booch, 4:30

Exercise

Here I am sipping bone broth with added gelatin and trying to decide what to do with my day. Kinda tempted to hit the beach, but perhaps I should be more responsible and get stuff done. Or maybe I could do both. Responsible productive morning and afternoon at the beach?

Not feeling terribly accomplished at the 30-day mark, but I am feeling good about how this genuinely has become my lifestyle. It hasn't been difficult, though, since my social calendar hasn't been booked, but to be honest, I've enjoyed that. I prefer a life in which the social gatherings do not revolve around food and drink. For so many reasons, but especially because very little food and drink compares to what I prepare at home. Do y'all feel that way, too?

Sleeping very well now at night. And yesterday I even had a luxurious afternoon nap. I was OUT. Ah naps. I think of them as little gifts for my adrenals.

Been giving it a rest with swimming because I noticed a shoulder strain over the weekend. Swimmer guy seems to be stuck in email land and I'm bored with it. If he doesn't make a move soon I'll have lost interest altogether. Oh well.

I like door 3 - do both!  Soak up every bit of summer you can!

Great job on another 30 days!  It is interesting how it's kind of anticlimactic now, isn't it?  It's just how we eat.

I agree that I'd rather eat my own food at home.  I like what I eat better than what I get at restaurants and even when I eat what sounds like a super clean meal at a restaurant, I never feel great afterwards.  I think the proximity to bad food makes me bloat even if I don't eat it! 

Congrats on another W30.  I think in this case, anticlimatic is okay.  Just keep on, keepin' on.

I would say I often feel that way about food at most restaurants, especially chains.  There just isn't anything special there.  We have a local restaurant that specializes in farm to table food, the menu changes based on what's available/in season.  Their food is totally worth it and much better than anything I can make.  But that is the rarity, and worth an occasional indulgence.

Swimmer boy needs to, well, I just rethought typing out what I was going to say, but it involves getting off the pot.   :P

Yes, do both!

Jen, you are just too funny. 

I am perplexed that most of people I see get together exclusively for food and drinks all the time. That's all they do. Let's do lunch, let's do brunch, let's go for cocktails, let's go to eat eat eat. When did eating become superior to just walks or concerts, or other activities. You can't get away from it even doing seemingly things unrelated to food. You are walking but to get a coffee or whatnot and you are buying food/drinks first thing you get to the venue. It really fascinates me when people think I am weird because I can not imagine eating the entire box of popcorn nor that I have to use any of my willpower to not eat it. Movies without snacks? Girl, you are caaaraaaazy. End of rant :D

I am so jealous that you can do naps. I feel completely wrecked if I have one. That bed looks so dreamy and perfect. I need to save up for a new mattress as well.

I think you've actually done a lot, it is the fact that this way is "native" now  that undermines the accomplishment. I get the feeling though, I do. 

• Moderators

All right, gang. Here's my egg bake/swirly quiche fresh out of the oven. That's 18 eggs, 4 med zucchini, 2 carrots, a bag of frozen chopped spinach, and about a cup of salsa. 6 healthy portions for me, and I need to finish them by Sunday!post-19896-14073472595093_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Well, I forewent the beach and hunkered down into my inner domestic goddess. In addition to the egg bake and gyoza, I also made my first attempts at homemade body lotion and cultured carrots, the latter most definitely inspired by missmary.post-19896-14073635739224_thumb.jpg

Three different creams: Shea and Cocoa butter, one with grapefruit and orange essential oils and the other with peppermint lavender; and the other sesame and coconut oils, no fragrance. I'd say I'm stocked for a few months, anyway.

As for the carrots, well, I tarted them up with fresh ginger, turmeric, and garlic, because I can never do anything simple or straight. I have turmeric nails now to prove it.post-19896-14073638351246_thumb.jpg

Gross, right?

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with myself for finally getting on a roll. Think I'll use the last of today's energy to tidy up, do a load of wash, give myself a mani/pedi, and maybe even pack a lunch for tomorrow's make up beach excursion.:)

• Moderators

Oh, and Nadia, I feel you on the movie snacks. The thought of mindlessly eating in front of a screen while sitting next to a bunch of other people doing the same thing is totally weird to me. We have a very cool cinema in town that offers a full bar and menu for first-run and a few old movies. Great place, and I've been on a couple dates there, but I'm always like "can we go for a proper dinner first?" or none at all. I'm OK with sharing a nice meal as a rare bonding experience, but when you're sitting in the dark together, not looking at each other, and not able to even see your food, well, I don't even know what to call that. OK, now my commiserating rant is over. :)

• Moderators

Thank you, Mary and Sara!

Day 31 (guess I'll just keep going, at least until my trip)

M1 swirly quiche, bone broth w gelatin, 8:30
M2 gyoza patty, slaw, 12:45
M3 swirly quiche, 5 followed by two scoops of ice cream and an iced decaf with half and half
Exercise does shamelessly walking the beach in my bikini count?

My back feels the best it's been in a looooong time. So grateful for that! Wondering now if I should go lounge at the beach for hours with no lumbar support.

Going for drinks with the cast from the show tonight at a local brewpub. I know that I simply cannot drink beer. It makes me sick. So, I'm thinking I just won't drink. OK with me, but I have a feeling it won't be OK with everyone else. Not my problem. This is a true advantage of getting older: not giving any f@$&s about what other people think when I'm comfortable with my choices.

Oh, and swimmer boy update: he has asked about my availability and thanked me for my patience. Said he likes to get to know someone a bit before spending time with them. It's funny, but I'm the opposite. Maybe it's my years as a journalist or maybe even as an actor, but I just don't think you can learn all that much about someone from what they tell you about themselves. People lie and/or are misguided about who they are much of the time. I believe in nonverbal communication. Especially when it comes to dating. I've done too much online dating not to have learned that chemistry can only be discerned in person. After all, romantic relationships are largely physical in my book. But I digress. At least swimmer boy and I already know each in person a bit. We shall see.

Can you buy a good beach chair that won't bother your back?  Might be a good investment. 

I like your attitude - who cares what the others think.  Most of the time I feel that way, too.  I caved on the rice krispie bar last weekend - didn't want my friend to feel bad that she was having one.  I should have just worried about myself - I didn't want one.  Oh well. 

I'm with you - spending time in person is how you get to know someone.  People misrepresent in writing. I worry about kids these days - they spend all of their time online rather than getting together in person with their friends.  They're all going to be anti social misfits if we don't watch out!

Jen's idea of a good beach chair is a good one.

W30 had definitely left me with a watch your own plate attitude towards my food/drink.  I didn't like people questioning my food/drink choices.  I'm an adult, leave me be and I'll leave you to be.

Looks like Swimmer Boy got past his online waiting period just in time!  Hope an in person meet up goes well.

Hahah yea like you are going to confess that you are a closet cat murderer in an email. Well, if emailing what makes a guy comfortable... After all, regardless how it turns out, it's a hormonal treatment (and an ego boost). Holistic approach and all, you know  B)

I agree with the beach chair purchase and perhaps rolling up a small towel to support your lumbar as well? 

Hope swimmer boy pans out to be a good face to face date...if not no harm no fowl. I like your attitude towards dating. No reason to waste time on the throw backs...plenty of fish in the sea.

Archived