W30 AIP June 1st

Sweet53

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and after a month of being angry and abusing my body with food - I'm ready to get to healing. I am planning to start the Autoimmune Protocol on June 1st, and am curious if anyone else was considering doing the same - I would LOVE a buddy! I'm nervous because eggs and Chocolate Chili from Well Fed are my paleo staples...

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I'd love to join you. I've done a couple of W30s and eat that way most of the time but I really feel I'd benefit from the AI protocol. I've been babystepping my way towards it, with many a hissy fit I might add. Like you I know I'll miss things. The thought of living without chocolate chili, home made chipotle mayo, eggs, coffee, tomato based sauces, curry spices and paprika has had me behaving like a toddler with a temper tantrum :).

Your post has made me realise what I need to do is to stop pussyfooting around it and fully commit to a starting date so that I'm totally accountable. I've been reading all the AI info on the Paleo Mom's website and I bought the ebook The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Micky Trescott, most of those recipes are W30 compatible. I've moved all forbidden spices out the kitchen so June 1st it is. There's a few on here who are old hands at AI so we've got plenty of brains we can pick for ideas :) Good luck to both of us.

Yeah--I was pretty upset at giving up my chili, my cumin, my mayo and my bell peppers. I spent the first week on AIP feeling like a victim.

But, like anything else, you get used to it. And I saw significant improvements in my psoriasis.

That said, I only stuck with strict AIP for ten days (a couple weeks after my first w30). A bunch of us did a mini AIP last week. I was off nightshades mostly for a couple weeks leading into it so that it wasn't a huge change, but I did have to rethink a lot of my go-to foods. I am tempted to join, I should, but my brain is revolting against "no" at the moment.

You can find the thread for our mini-AIP in the Post W30 log section. Maybe there is something helpful there. Some of us are sticking with AiP mostly, with different variations. (For ex I seem to be ok with egg yolks.)

Paleo Mom is an excellent resource.

Archived