Help! I hope it is not everything ruined now..

I'm on my day 16. Everything is perfect, since twenty minutes ago. I ordered a take away hot herbal tea, I asked for it to be just plain tea... When I took the first sip I tasted it: sugar! I spit it in the cup, I threw it away. But even if I did not swallow it, now I feel nausea and my stomach is upset... I'm incredibly depressed, I hope I don't have to start my whole 30 again, since I did just perfectly till now and it was the stupid waiter fault if I had sugar in my mouth for half a second. I just wonder why I feel so bad... Is it just the psychological fear of having failed? Or did some sugar enter in my bloodstrem through my tongue? And is it so damaging?

Sorry this happened to you but don't worry, you don't have to start over. It's not as if you deliberately chose to have something sweet or drank the whole cup. Things can enter the bloodstream through the mouth (I take sublinqual B12) but you have to hold it under your tongue for about 10seconds. I doubt very much that any sugar could have entered your blood stream so quickly so it probably is more of a psychological reaction. In any case, don't worry, you're doing fine. Good luck with the rest of your W30.

One time (after w30) I experienced a racing heart and anxious feeling just smelling sugar in the baking aisl at the supermarket. It overpowered me- sugar is a potent drug and I believe your reaction was very real- whether physiological or emotional it doesn't matter. Also second Kirsteens post about not starting over.

I say you are good! You spit it out.

Your physical reaction is very, very real regardless if it was stress/anxiety or an actual reaction to the sugar. I am opting for the anxiety/disappointment reason since you probably have some sugar in your toothpaste or mouthwash that you use on a daily basis without problem.

Don't get too upset. Good for you for not just shrugging your shoulders and savoring the moment!

Oh, thank you all of you! I was so anxious about it, and I am so relieved now! I'm really glad because my whole 30 is going really great, I feel very good and maybe I am a little bit scared of what will happen next...anyway, this forum is precious!

Archived