cleanse?

anoilar11

I'm on day 24 and starting to get really constipated even though I am drinking about 70 oz of water a day. I am following the Whole30 protocol really close as far as I know. I want to know if I can take a cleanse supplement made by Renew Life while on Whole30. Here's the product link: http://www.renewlife.com/cleansemore.html Not sure if the ingredients are allowed. I'm getting a bit desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

Usually such things are useless or not compliant. Are you eating lots of high fiber like sweet potatoes, kale, collards etc? Magnesium seems to be quite helpful. If I take too much Natural Calm, I get the opposite of constipation.

When I've radically changed my diet (to include more veggies in my case) I've gotten the same problem. Eating more fiber can help sometimes but it can also compound the issue.

Digestive enzymes helped me a ton.

• Moderators

The ingredients in CleanseMore are okay during a Whole30. Changing your diet sometimes provokes either constipation or diarrhea, so this is probably a temporary problem. However, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and more water wouldn't hurt.

The ingredients in CleanseMore are okay during a Whole30. Changing your diet sometimes provokes either constipation or diarrhea, so this is probably a temporary problem. However, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and more water wouldn't hurt.

I eat sweet potato, kale, salads, and other vegies everyday. I have digestive enzymes on hand that I can't use as have an unapproved ingredient (can't remember right now what it is)....guess I could look for an approved one.

Tom, I saw one of your replies to another post where you described the condition where one can be constipated, but can have soft or loose stools that come through the sludge packed walls of the intestines and colon. I feel like this is what I have going on. I only go now every 2-4 days and when I do it is very soft...not normal for me. I can tell I've lost external fat as I see way more muscle definition in the mirror over my whole body. My belly is protruding like I have a basket ball behind my ab wall....normally it doesn't stick out this much...esp. when I have lost fat. I know when I drink more than 70 oz of water a day, my fingers start to prune up. I mentioned to my Doc and he said either drink less or increase salt intake...the pruning was a sign of too much water.

I'm also having a lot of muscle fatigue and tiredness, not mormal for me....could this be from the digestive issues??

Usually such things are useless or not compliant. Are you eating lots of high fiber like sweet potatoes, kale, collards etc? Magnesium seems to be quite helpful. If I take too much Natural Calm, I get the opposite of constipation.

Natural Calm must contain magnesium? You can try taking Magnesium Citrate in supplement form. Even 150mgs can help, but you can go higher.

Our preWhole30 diets are constipating, so going back there doesn't make me think you will fare any better.

Make sure you have plenty of fat in your diet. I use a lot of coconut oil and ghee. I also drink some crio bru (cacao beans) every morning to help keep me regular. If I'm not, I feel miserable. I also love eating kimchi while on the Whole30 to replace my coconut water probiotic that contains Stevia (why, oh why, must we sweeten everything?) and I exercise regularly.

If none of that sounds helpful, you can try drinking a big glass of warm water with lemon and a bit of ghee in the morning when you first wake up. Typically you would add honey to it but not Whole30. It sounds like you might be pretty backed up, so I hope you can find a good way to clean yourself out and try to maintain a daily habit! I know exactly how you feel... constipation has been my nemesis for years.

I tried that cleanse before a few years ago and that one didn't seem to agree with me. It gave me just a little bit of nausea each and every day - all day. Doesn't mean it would do the same for you, but that was my experience.

Digestive enzymes are the only things that have helped with my constipation. I'm on my 4th Whole-whatever and am FINALLY much more regular this time around!! :) Ezymedica's Digest Gold does the trick for me, and they don't add any fillers to any of their stuff. There are others that some recommend, but that's my personal recommendation.

Archived