Oh Whole30 How I Have Missed You!

The title says it all I suppose. I just reread a post I made back in December and am reminded of why I truly loved and am thankful for Whole30. I wish I could say that I continued on and did not succumb to the lure of sugar and grains...sigh. The last few months have been askew.

Lesson learned: I don't like how I feel physically or emotionally when I am not thoughtful about the fuel I give my body. So here I am...back to where I learned to care for my body and mind....back to where I know I can redirect myself to eat clean and feel great.

Appreciation in advance for any support you all can provide in the days/months ahead. I look forward to the journey alongside all of you.

Whelpppp....here goes day 1 (for the 4th time?):

Meal 1:

- eggs over hard

- baby carrots

Meal 2:

- tuna

- avocado

- lettuce

Meal 3:

- damn fine chicken (yum!)

- roasted cauliflower and brocolli

Okay...bit of a headache today. Not sure if that has anything to do with the food though (I'd expect that during further into carb flu days) as opposed to the fact that both my kids are graduating from their schools this week and things are a bit hectic (stressful!). Overall I'm excited though to be doing this. :)

• 2 months later...

Whelp...I need to restart.  Summer was a bit overwhelming and my W30 was unsuccesseful.

I feel sluggish.

I feel bloated and overweight.

I feel uncomfortable.

I feel tired.

Soooooooo I am recommitting to begin on 8/19 which will make day 30 land on 9/17.  Off to Trader Joe's I go to stock up for a successful start!!

Cheers!

Woot...day 1 is almost over. It's generally gone well though I don't think I ate enough as I've been hungry.

DAY 1

Meal 1

- 3 eggs w/mushrooms cooked in bacon fat
- 1 cup black coffee

Meal 2
- 2 adobo chicken thighs
- roasted carrots

Meal 3
- pork tenderloin
- roasted brocolli
- 1 banana with almond butter

Am still starving. I think I do need to up my veggies. Maybe my fat/protein as well until my body gets rid of it's sugar/carb remnants. Any thoughts?

Day 2

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs
- baby carrots

Meal 2:
- 2 Nori wraps with lettuce, avocado and smoked salmon

Meal 3:
- 3 balsamic chicken thighs
- roasted broccoli cooked with olive oil and garlic powder
- baby carrots

Awww.  I'm a habitual restarter myself.  But I do find that trying to dismiss the quantity limitations I've imposed on myself through decades of dieting help me get through a lot of the first stuff (and certainly the hunger).

I've deliberately increased my protein (veggies were never a problem) and fat and tried to ignore my brain saying "NO! YOU MUST NOT DO THIS YOU WILL DIE OF THE FAT!!!"  I figure, sure, weight is an issue.  But health is too.  If I can demonstrate that eating a certain way makes my body work better/feel better, that's half the battle.

It's hard enough to do a Whole 30 without programming every second of every day with weighing, measuring and working out.

But then.... get back with me in about 3 weeks and we'll chat.  :-D

Day 3:

Meal 1

- 4 eggs cooked in bacon fat

- baby carrots

Meal 2

well...with back-to-back meetings all day I did not get a chance to eat.  I definitely need to plan better.

- late snack of Primal Pacs

Meal 3

- yellow curry chicken with broccoli and carrots

I did have a snack after dinner due to my poor planning earlier

- banana and almond butter

I am trying to plan ahead for next ,week.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be in trainings all day with a non-W30 lunch provided.  I think I'll cook up a bunch of chicken so I can have chicken salad for lunches.

Day 5

Overall a good day today.  I feel like I'm getting into the swing of things.  Pleasantly surprised that I haven't experienced "Kill All the Things" this go around so far.

Meal 1

- 4 eggs w/mushrooms

- baby carrots

Meal 2

- 2 balsamic chicken thighs

- baby lettuce

- banana with almond butter

Meal 3

- 3 adobo chicken drumsticks

- baby lettuce

- avocado

- roasted cauliflower

Day 7 - WOOT a week down!  I'm feeling pretty good about this whole process again.  No longer starving like I was earlier this past week.  I'm also sooo proud of myself because I've planned my lunches and will be taking them for these next three days when I'll be in training out of the office.

I'm realizing I should probably start tracking my sleep on here - though I know that it's something I really need to work on as I rarely get 8 hours of sleep except on weekends.

Sleep: got about 8 hours of sleep last night

Meal 1

- 3 eggs

- baby carrots

(still having trouble getting more veggies in with breakfast)

Meal 2

- Went out for sushi.  Took my own coconut aminos and had salmon and avocado "sushi" made without the rice.  Just plain salmon and avocado that they wrapped in long cucumber slices for me.  Delicious!

Meal 3

- chicken and avocado on top of a big bowl of baby lettuce

- banana with almond butter

Ugh....life won't slow down right now.  Wake up, get myself ready, make breakfast, get kids ready for school (includes a child with special needs who requires a lot of care), transport to 2 schools, go to work all day, pick kids up from after school programs at 2 schools, come home, make dinner, feed kids, get kids ready for bed, work more from home, fall into bed for minimal sleep, wake up and start it all over again.  Something. Has. Got. To. Change.   Just not a healthy cycle of go, go, go, go.

Ok - thanks for the vent space.  Due to crazy schedule I was not able to log yesterday so below is Day 8 and 9:

Day 8

Sleep:  7 hours sleep last night

Meal 1

- 4 eggs

- baby carrots

- coffee (black)

Meal 2 

- baby lettuce topped with balsamic vinegar chicken and avocado (so proud of myself that I made lunch and took it with me to all day training)

- lara bar

Meal 3

- lettuce topped with adobo chicken and avocado

- roasted cauliflower

Day 9

Sleep:  slept 5.5 hours last night (I know...HORRIBLE!!!)

Meal 1

- 4 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2

- baby lettuce topped with balsamic vinegar chicken and avocado (so proud of myself that I made lunch and took it with me to all day training)

- lara bar

Meal 3

- primal pac

(work was so gogogogogogogogo tonight - worked 12 hours straight today - that I did not have a chance to eat a proper meal)

Blah.   

In a better frame of mind today!!

Logging yesterday and today below:

Day 10

Meal 1

- 4 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2

- baby lettuce topped with balsamic vinegar chicken and avocado

- lara bar

Meal 3

- spiced pork loin

- roasted green beans

Day 11

Meal 1

- 4 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2

- leftover spiced pork loin

- leftover roasted green beans

- banana

Meal 3

- curry chicken with broccoli

- toasted coconut

A day of rest today.  We had a blissful day of naps and relaxation.  Much needed after a busy crazy week!

Day 13

Sleep:  10 hours last night (woohoo!)

Meal 1

- scrambled eggs

- bacon

- baby carrots

was a late breakfast--more of a brunch

Meal 2 

- fajita chicken with peppers

Am particularly thirsty today and drinking a lot more water than usual.

Archived