Japanese Steakhouse - sashimi?

I'm totally planning ahead here but my brother & SIL are coming to town in a couple weeks. While my technical W30 will be over, I'm wanting to extend it by at least 10-15 days, which will fall during their visit. The brother wants to go to Mimi's Japanese Steak House, which is great by me because I've never been. They have steak, chicken and other things that I can order and stay compliant. I love sushi... I did a brief search and uncovered some older posts regarding sushi, sashimi, etc. I'm hoping to get some updated info from some folks around here, esp mods and/or W30 vets... Based on what I read on older posts, I can either order sashimi with no rice or I could order a deconstructed sushi roll with no rice (& no imitation crab). Can anyone verify this? Also, if I order sashimi with no rice, should I add more specifications like no soy, or is sashimi cooked plain? I love sushi but I've never had sashimi before so I'm not sure how its prepared.

I'll take any and all tips you all have to make this japanese steakhouse visit as headache-free as possible!

Here are the links to the dinner and sushi menus if it helps...

http://mimissteakhouse.com/sushimenu.htm

http://www.mimissteakhouse.com/dinnermenu-Hibachi%20Dinners.htm

Thanks in advance!!

Sashimi is raw fish. It should come with nothing on it or, indeed, under it, but usually is served with a side dish of soy sauce, into which many like to mix the green wasabi. Pickled ginger often comes on the side as well. Skip the soy sauce, of course, but I don't know about the ginger and the wasabi.

(Maki are rolls, nigiri sushi are pieces of raw fish on a small bed of rice, chirashi sushi is raw fish on a bowl of rice. And sushi rice has vinegar and perhaps other things mixed into it; sushi rice is not just plain rice.)

I love sashimi! I get it with a salad sans dressing. I am not a sauce person so I am okay eating it plain. I do like to ask for avocado slices as too in order to get a good fat in. The place I go to slices half an avocado and sprinkles it with sesame seeds. I used to like dipping my sashimi in Sriracha but I found that has some sugar in it. When I am not being strict, I prefer the Sriracha over the soy sauce.

Archived