New Girl

KT J

My husband and I are excited to start our first whole30 next week!! So, I have a few questions for the experts before we get started: Why is caffeine allowed in the whole 30 when other detox/clean diets exclude it? And I know this sounds silly...but same question for gum because there are artificial sugars and flavors there. Lastly, if I'm hypoglycemic-will this make me sick? I have had some negative 'crash' results in the past from eating Paleo with my husband. Can't wait to get this party started and see some regulation in our bodies! ...Of course, feel free to insert any tips too!

Gum is not allowed on the W30. I've read that one reason they don't ask you to give up caffeine because for some people, it's just too much change all at once. You might go through severe caffeine withdrawals or have other negative symptoms, blame the W30, and give up. I've seen a lot of people get through their first W30, then try a second later on without the caffeine...or give it up halfway through. If you suspect it's causing you any issues you should certainly consider that.

I'm not sure about the hypoglycemia...is that related to carb intake? W30 is not meant to be low-carb. There are lots of options for starchy vegetables that will supply the carbs you need (sweet potatoes being the most popular).

Good luck! It's great your husband is doing this with you. It's so much easier when you have support/commiseration at home.

Archived