Pre-cooked meats re. "The WeeklyCook-up"

Lizzard77

I was browsing through Well Fed on Amazon to see if I wanted to purchase it, as many have recommended doing so, and it started me thinking.....

I understand that I can prep things like chicken breasts or say, sw. potato and kale chicken patties, but if I cook up a bunch of ground meat for use during the week, won't it get dry in the reheating? I would like to cook up a bunch of ground pork for quick breakfasts during my first week but don't want it to be dry, sawdusty kibble when I turn it into a full meal in the morning.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.

-Liz

When you originally cook it, make sure it is slightly browned (cooked through), but not over done. Also, a microwave will dry it out more on reheating, but a lot of those recipes are reheated on the stove with fat and then you add the extra stuff, so it doesn't get as dry.

Thanks guys! I made 1 lb of ground chicken and 1 lb of ground pork plus a ton of sweet potato and kale chicken patties for the first part of the week's breakfasts and lunches. I don't microwave unless really in a time crunch but will gently reheat when putting my meals together. I'm sure it's fine and I can cook, I just wanted to know other's experience!

Just a little info on Microwave basics that has saved me a lot of waste and taste in my kitchen.

I make batches of taco-ish meat once a week and reheat it as I go. When you reheat in your microwave at full power, it is like cooking your meat AGAIN at c. 450 degrees. If you reheat your cooked meat or dinners at say 50 to 70 percent you will get a true reheat, instead of recooking your food. It take a little more time initially, but my meat is never hard and my leftovers always turn out perfect.

Just a thought: try reheating at 70 percent power in the microwave and see if you enjoy the results as much as I do.

Happy eating....

Archived