Home made dried apple rings?

cupkayke

So. I'm on day 4 today. Yesterday, I had close to a pound of ground beef sauteed with veggies plus 2 eggs on top- a HUGE meal! It was really filling and delicious. But within the span of a couple of hours I was totally feeling hypoglycemic- nauseous, light-headed, etc. I ate a few dried apple rings and then I was good to go until lunch time. Is this ok? I've always had blood sugar issues, and I'm trying to get away from "grazing" but man- it's hard! I just feel super bloated when I eat the huge meals, and still get the low blood sugar ick regardless of how much I eat!

Thanks!

yes, you can have them...but it's really not ideal

It takes a while for blood sugar levels to normalize and day 4 is still really early...so it's compliant and do what you gotta do, but it's not your best choice!

• Moderators

What Renee said. And maybe stop eating huge meals? I hesitate to say anything because I went out to eat last night and finished off a flank steak that was about 4 times as big as my palm with a plate full of steamed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots, but eating until you feel super bloated is a bad idea. And for the record, I came home feeling full, but not uncomfortable.

I should probably be eating not *quite* so much but- I'm trying to re-train my body to accept 3 meals a day instead of 6. I'm a classic grazer, and that's a really hard habit to break. I think I'm just going to have to buckle down and get the book today. I like how I feel, but the hypoglycemia is really not working for me right now. ;)

Is there a better way to re-train my body/appetite?

Cupkayke, I think maybe you should add a meal or two. Just make them an extra meal or two that contains fat, protein and veg. I think that would be much better than snaking on a sugar bomb. So, follow the meal template, but instead of torturing yourself, have another meal when you get hungry. Tom said it took him 5 months (I think that's how long) to adjust to 3 meals a day. You are so early in the program that there could be several reasons you are feeling the way you are, but give yourself a break and see how 4 meals a day go for you.

Susan W- Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to try and do that today. Also, I generally don't eat breakfast first thing in the morning for various reasons- early classes, sleeping in, getting kids ready to go. I'm going to put together some egg "muffins" this weekend so I have something I can warm up and take to go. Plus, I think waiting so long to eat in the morning makes my body think "OMG I'm starving!" so I eat really, really fast. I'm slowing down today and eating more slowly. Good to know it takes a while to get used to 3 meals a day.

If I could only eat hard boiled eggs, my problem would be mostly solved. Alas, I find them to be...not to my taste (I can't think of a way to put it without some very strong language!). But I'm making a commitment to prepping better this week.

*sigh* I've got Oral Allergy Syndrome so eating certain things raw gives me a rash and itchy mouth. Raw eggs being one of those things, along with lots of fruits and veggies- unless they're cooked. :( I'm trying to track down a vegan mayo that will still be compliant.

Archived