Whole30 starting June 3rd

GuamGrly

Hi friends! I know a lot of people are starting their Whole30 tomorrow but is anyone out there starting on Monday, June 3? This is my 2nd attempt at this whole thing and wanted to find others that I could do it along side.

That sounds awesome!! Will this be your first?

Lol this will be my first actual whole 30 but my 3rd attempt at it. I think by now I've worked out the kinks and know what I need to do or not do to stick with it. My first attempt I made it to day 15 : / can't believe I caved after making it so far!! Ughh

Yay!! I had the same organization issue lol but now my veggies are fully stocked, chopped and ready for an official start tomorrow! Whoohooo! I'm excited!

What are you all planning to eat tomorrow?

I was given an entire box of poblano peppers (like a huge paper box size) and we are experimenting tonight with paleo chile rellanos ,.. Hopefully they turn out well I love chile rellanos!!

I too am starting tomorrow June 3rd. This is my latest attempt to complete Whole 30. I've made it to day 10 only to have to restart (numerous times). I would really like to have a support system in place this time. Hope to see everyone here tomorrow and good luck!

I started today (June 3rd) also.  I'm part of a crossfit gym where a whole group of us started today.  In fact we have a Whole30 potluck at the gym tonight.  This is my first Whole30.  We live close to an Amish community and have grass fed / organic meats all delivered to the gym for us to buy and starting this Wednesday will get delivery of fresh organic vegetables (whatever is ripe that week) for 20 weeks (we prepay for the entire 20 weeks).  All organic.  All fresh.

I am 60 years old and don't particularly like to cook.  I need to drop 60 pounds.

Thanks for letting me join your group.

Hi Everyone,

I'll be starting today, too--This is my third W30! My first was at the start of the new year, and was purely for me; I needed a reset for having fallen so far (waaaaay far) off the comfy paleo wagon over the holidays.

My second W30 was in support of my 17yo daughter and my cross fitter husband, which was in March. Lots of stories out of that--all amazing--more later.

And now this one, June 3 is back again for me--and I'm really looking forward to it. Knowing just how GOOD and AMAZING I felt, especially after completing my first one, I know this is the right time for me--for a variety of reasons, not least of all I'm just feeling so sluggish and...just blech. So, I'm following the guide of "start. Start today. Right now." Because otherwise, I will continue to just put it all off. SO...June 3 it is!

I'll be posting what I eat here on the forum, but I also have a set of pinterest boards that I pin most things I try or love as far as food goes. Feel free to have a look: http://pinterest.com/venturefar/what-i-m-eating-for-the-2013-whole30/

Glad to be doing it with a bunch of you--let's rock this thing!

:)

I started my first Whole 30 today and so far I'm not off to a great start. I don't like coconut and didn't like the coconut milk in my coffee so it went down the drain. I couldn't find unsweetened Almond Milk in my local store, so I may just have to make my own, learn to drink it black, or let it go. I have been reading the website and various paleo blogs for some time now. I feel ill prepared to start, but I knew if I didn't, I could stay stuck in the "planning" forever and never actually do it. So, I decided to take the plunge. It's a whole new way of eating compared to the quick/processed foods I rely on, so I'm going to be learning better cooking skills as I go. I'd love to keep up with you all for motivation and tips. 

Well, I was supposed to start yesterday but a friend kidnapped me and dragged me to a street festival. It was an all day excursion filled with buffalo chicken wings and red wine. Had a great time, though. So, today it is. My OCD side feels better starting on a Monday anyway. This is my first Whole30. I've been eating paleo-ish for a couple weeks now and am seeing the benefits already so I'm hoping being a little more strict with my choices won't prove too difficult. I'm here to support and be supported. Thanks for letting me play:,)

I'm so glad to see you all on here!  :D  This is my 2nd attempt. I made it to Day 6 the last time around and it wasn't even cravings that I gave in to.  I simply had a bad, emotional day and resorted back to my old habits of depending on food to be my support. But I'm ready to give it a go!  And as some of you mentioned, if I waited until I was prepared to start this, it would never happen.  So I could definitely use all of your knowledge and things that have worked for you.  Right now, I'm just making simple things that I know work for me...sweet potatoes, sausages, egg scrambles for breakfast but I don't want to bore myself with the same food day after day and eventually set myself up to fail!  Let's do this!! 

Hi all! Day 2 and going strong. Although, I waited too late to eat lunch and ended up skipping it - wasn't really that hungry anyway. Had a handful of almonds as a snack. I'm trying to do very little fruit for this W30 since one of my goals is weight loss. Is everyone pretty much doing 3 meals a day or are you just eating when hungry?

I made a pot of Gittleman's Fat Flush Soup but eliminated the beans to make it paleo. It's pretty filling so I think that'll be one of my go to dishes. I do miss my pepsi and/or coke:'(

I'm trying to see if I need to RESTART....had 2 slips today I was unaware of....boo... :(

Personally...I wouldn't reset if you didn't purposely slip up.  You saw that you slipped up and are now more aware.  Realistically, I would love to go through the next 28 days being completely perfect but I'm sure there will be a slip up or 2.  As much as we would like to do this 110%, I don't think it will happen. We know that we didn't do it on purpose and the effort was still there.

AFM...Day 2 wasn't too bad but I was definitely much hungrier yesterday than I was on Day 1.  Tried to keep snacking to a minimum and I'm allowing myself fruit with breakfast and maybe an afternoon snack.  I have huge sweet tooth so if I don't indulge in fruit to tame that urge, I will more than likely blow everything and go for what I really want. Not too sure what will be on the menu for dinner tonight. Hoping to find a yummy recipe that will satisfy the whole family!

Right, this is what I decided. I'm making better choices now. The only thing weighing on my mind currently is to take supplements or not. Some people do and some don't, it really depends on your current lifestyle and is a personal choice.

I started this challege as something a co-worker decided to do also and her chiropractor I believe gave the challenge. In his verson he says to take suppliments. As for me I'll attempt to eliminate them for 3 months and see what happens. I take a  multivitamin, biotin (hair and nails) acai berry, and fish oil (for dry climate). If I see my hair and nails not grown as fast (which when I stop taken biotin i notice the diff.) I'll probably get back on it.

Archived