First Whole 30 Done - food attitude changed and 14 lbs lost

lachickforever

I was the type of eater where I didn't think I was eating a lot, I just ate often. If I was driving by a frozen yogurt place, I might stop. At the store, I might grab a candy bar. If I decided pizza sounded good I would get it. Going out to dinner I would choose the most decadent fried chessy items, with gooey desserts. I bought pints of ice cream constantly. If I was at a meeting that had cake or sweets, I would have some. I would go into Starbucks with the intentions of getting black coffee and end up with a full fat cinnamon dolce latte with whipped cream.

I knew I needed to change and the Whole 30 sounded like something I could do. Now I realize that snacking is not an option and I eat when it is meal time. The rare time when I might not have eaten enough at a meal I will have a snack of veggies, fruit or a few nuts. In these next 30 days I want to cut down on those things.

I started my first whole 30 on May 1 and completed it May 30.

The first for 3 or 4 days I had a constant headache and obssessed over sugar. Around days 10-13 I could not stop thinking about chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes. When I woke up on day 14, the sugar obssession was gone.

I kept thinking of my day 31 pig out I was going to have and that stopped around day 20. I am here at day 31 and I am extending to a Whole 60.

During these 30 days I ate eggs, red meat, chicken, ground turkey, tuna, pork chops, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli, kale, salmon, red green and orange peppers, eggplant, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, caulliflower, brussel sprouts, cocnut oil, cocnut butter, olive oil, cocnut milk, ghee, onions, carrots, cucumber, avocado, cashews, macadamias, dried apricot, cherries, strawberries, olives, almonds.

It is so much easier for me to go into a grocery store or restaurant with such specific things I do and do not eat.

Reading labels is also something I do all the time now. I was going to drink some tea and I read the ingredients and there was soy in the teabags!

I ate grass fed and organic about 85% of the time (that was as much as I could afford it).

During these next 30 days I think I will be eating less fruit and less starchy vegetables.

I really started this a a way to lose weight and doing the Whole 30, Couch to 5K running program and Hot Yoga, I have lost around 14 lbs in a month. My goal is to lose 50 lbs in the next year. Starting weight was around 200 and I am 5'7". The weight started to come off right way because a week or two into the 30 days, my pants were already fitting better.

Thanks Whole 30 and wish me luck on this next 30 days!

Good luck on your next 30! I am also on Day 32 and lime you, really didn't consider not going ahead. I feel too darn good to want to wreck it. I know that we have to come off eventually, but not quite yet!

Congratulations on your great success in developing new habits!

Archived