Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

We did it!!! I knew I had lost weight because my clothes fit looser, but I was amazed to learn I lost 19 pounds!! Yay!!! Still have a long way to go, but I'm really happy with the results!

I'm going to keep going, but I might celebrate with some red wine tonight! Trip to the Dominican on 31 July, so it's perfect timing for another Whole30! 

Take care everyone, and see you around the forums!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jumped on the scale this morning, so excited.... I lost NO WEIGHT. Tried not to let it get me down, but really!? Nothing?!?!! Guess I will have to join the exercise 30 with y'all. Only thing making me feel better is that my clothes are fitting great. A friend I haven't seen in a month said I look "really fit" though I have not formally exercised a lick! I'm comfy in my skinny jeans but still would like to shed five pounds or so. Made and ate a non compliant plumb crumble.... had some sugar in it and oats but I did swap regular flour for almond meal. Already feel meh about it so back on track tomorrow. Very grateful for this thread it has really kept me accountable, sorry if my posts are a little boring.... I will probably start my own thread as I am not considering my Whole 30 to be over, but will check in on the re entry thread to start the exercise 30 program. Thank you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you take measurements before you started?  It sounds like you lost some inches, from the change in how your clothes fit and your friend's observation. 

Wow! Sounds like everyone did great.....results in so many ways...all the way around! Wooo hooo! What a team....we did it!

As for me, I'm totally psyched! I could not wait to get on the scale this morning. Remember, a former scale-o-holic that weighed herself daily for 10+ years...I stuck with the rules and weighed on June 1 and then today on July 1...will not weigh again until August 1.

While weight loss NOT my primary goal, still "a" goal.  Below are my weight and measurement results.  I'm thrilled because I thought I may have gained weight due to larger meals and sometimes snacking...didn't feel like clothes were looser...except the jeans that I thought I just stretched out more...even though hubby said it looked like I lost weight....and I ate too many pistachios, dried mango, fruit and kombucha in general...and only worked out 3 or 4 times during the 30 days....the fat burning vs sugar burning must have kicked in...and I'm so happy about that!.  Also, no allergies...hair, skin, nails all healthier and glowing...feel amazing. Energy even..not thru the roof, but even. Sleep good, mood good.

Results: (June 1/July 1)

Weight - 166/ 157

Arm (bicep, relaxed) - 11.5 / 11

Bust - 41 / 39

Chest (just below bust) - 34 / 32.5

Waistline - 34 / 33

At Belly Button - 38 / 35.5

One inch below Belly Button - 39 / 37

Hips - 40 / 39.5
Thigh (at thickest part) - 23.5 / 22.5

Calves - 15.5/14.5

Total weight lost = 9 lbs.

Total inches lost = 12 inches (only counting one arm, one thigh and one calf..LOL)

Kelly

Great job everyone! While I feel great, I'm a little bummed that I'm only down 5lbs...lost 2" of my waist, but all of my other measurements stayed the same. I'm not sure if they were right to begin with because I took them in a rush and all of my clothing is looser so...I don't know. Trying to stay positive, focus on what I can do to continue to loss weight/become healthier. Definitely more exercise, avoid dried fruits and nuts almost entirely. I feel like sometimes during the Whole30 I ate when I wasn't really hungry because I was trying to stick with the program of three meals a day. Maybe it's better now to let my body and mind signal hunger and listen to that instead. In a way I'm feeling like not losing more weight was maybe a good thing for me, I am determined not to lose focus and continue down this healthy path!

WOO!  I just wanted to clean up my diet but ended up dropping about 7lbs since the last time I wieghed myself(which was actually a few months ago at my last doctor's appt) and deffinately have lost some inches in my belly/thighs cause my pants are fitting looser.  Super pleased and planning on keeping this up as much as possible, even though there are some amazing cookies staring at me on the table right now.

Congrats....and 5 pounds is great....not "just" or "only"...it's 5 pounds....and that's not the important objective anyway...you ARE healthier....I am learnign to take my focus off of the number...I'm happy with my results, but put the scale away until Aug 1....back to focusing on exercising and on eating healthy and listening to my body and continuing to cook!

Congrats....and 5 pounds is great....not "just" or "only"...it's 5 pounds....and that's not the important objective anyway...you ARE healthier....I am learnign to take my focus off of the number...I'm happy with my results, but put the scale away until Aug 1....back to focusing on exercising and on eating healthy and listening to my body and continuing to cook!

Thanks, and yes, the damn scale went back in it's "hiding" spot!!! :)

I've been on vacation so I missed everyone's end of W30 posts, etc. Just catching up now. I ended up doing a W28 and not following reintroduction. That was primarily because I've done an elimination diet before and know what "bothers" me. But, I also didn't go overboard or anything. Allowed myself Diet Coke, fried scallops, and a few small treats. Today I'm doing another W28, ending before our next trip. But, I lost 11 pounds on my W28. The even bigger news, though, is how I wasn't tempted by much of what I could have eaten while on vacation. And, we brought lots of good meat, eggs, salad fixins, olives, avocado, etc. with us and only ate out one meal a day. We were cabin camping so it was perfect for grilling and having our own food along. I know I've lost inches because some of my clothes are fitting soooo much better, but I hadn't taken measurements so I can't count inches. Anyway, it was great to have you all as a source of support. I'm sure I'll see some of you again in the forum! Whole9 rocks!

I was so excited! I lost 6-7lbs and 2in in my waist! Never had a waist this small before! How is everyone doing on their reintro? Anyone trying raw milk cheese? I'm concerned about the dangers.....or if everyone just trying anything dairy?

I was so excited! I lost 6-7lbs and 2in in my waist! Never had a waist this small before! How is everyone doing on their reintro? Anyone trying raw milk cheese? I'm concerned about the dangers.....or if everyone just trying anything dairy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations!

We are documenting our reintroductions on another thread in the Whole30 Reintroduction part of the forum. The thread is titled Whole30 JUNE GROUP DOING REINTRODUCTION. Here's the link: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11552-whole30-june-group-doing-reintroduction/

• 1 year later...

I started June 1st as well! Bought the "It Starts With Food" this weekend and it explains a lot about what I read in the Whole30 book! I had my first potato (white) for dinner last night w/ground meat and veggies on top. Of course it was delish but for some reason I felt very guilty and full! So, this morning I get up and I feel heavier and bloated and was automatically depressed about it...and blamed it on the white potato! Then I got on the website and looked up day 8 and that was exactly what I was suppose to feel...thank god! Pants are tighter and feel bloated....yuck! They say day 10 and 11 is when you want to give up. So Wednesday and Thursday of this week I have to stay POSITIVE and push through! Day 8 hasn't been too bad so far...hope tomorrow is the same!

I started June 1st as well! Bought the "It Starts With Food" this weekend and it explains a lot about what I read in the Whole30 book! I had my first potato (white) for dinner last night w/ground meat and veggies on top. Of course it was delish but for some reason I felt very guilty and full! So, this morning I get up and I feel heavier and bloated and was automatically depressed about it...and blamed it on the white potato! Then I got on the website and looked up day 8 and that was exactly what I was suppose to feel...thank god! Pants are tighter and feel bloated....yuck! They say day 10 and 11 is when you want to give up. So Wednesday and Thursday of this week I have to stay POSITIVE and push through! Day 8 hasn't been too bad so far...hope tomorrow is the same!

Hi Kimberely - this is a very old June thread from 2013 you've found - there are a few ones from this year in the Join the Whole30 forum that you could join for support.....

Archived