Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

It is a beautiful morning here in the midwest after all the rain and storms we have had. A great day to start anew. My official start day was 5 days ago, but am tagging along for the additional support. I can honestly say just in these 5 days my joint pain is much less. I have osteoarthritis in my low back and knees and typically have to take NSAIDS several times a day, but in the past 3 days I have not had to do so.

My go to breakfasts is scrambled eggs, veggies and fruit. Lunch is fish, avocado and veggies. Dinner is the same minus the avocado and instead of fish I might have grass fed beef. I would like to find the no sugar/nitrates bacon I have read about in some posts. Last night I put a frozen banana in my Nutribullet with a dash of coconut/almond milk which makes the consistency of ice cream. I finish it off with a dash of cinnamon. I don't call it dessert, it was just part of my dinner. My husband liked it so much, he wanted a second dish.

I can also tell my clothes are starting to fit a bit, just a bit looser. I know that isn't the goal of Whole 30, but if I get rid of any of the extra 40-50 pounds I am lugging around that is bonus. When my niece and her husband followed the Whole 30, they both lost weight and inches.

Good luck to all of us on this journey!! I will post again later tonight.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everybody -

I'm in for June too :)

Terrified, unprepared, but going for it.

I'd be interested in finding other really fat folks who believe in size-acceptance, are doing this for health and not necessarily for a weight loss goal. I've been very fat since childhood, and I believe in loving your body no matter what. I'm a full believer in the "Health at Every Size" movement.

That being said, I think this is absolutely the best, healthiest way of eating there is, so I'm doing this to be kind to myself, not to whittle myself away! I've read the book and it seems the Whole30 philosophy is very compatible with the health at every size philosophy. I did a board search for HAES, and came up with nothing, so I'm using the acronym in case other HAES folks show up here and are looking for kindred spirits.

Now I'd better go make some eggs and head to Whole Foods!

Looking forward to the next month with y'all ~

Warmly,

Holly

Welcome everyone!!! Woo hoo...can you believe day 1 is finally here (especially first time newbies like me)???

Could not sleep...too excited. Got up early and read day 1 newsletter. Here is my first official whole30 breakfast

Starting weight 166 lbs. won't weigh again til July 1...breaking the obsession with daily weighing. Goal 140-145 lbs per doctor.

Breakfast:

2 kale and chive egg muffins

1 cup of blueberries

4 Brussels sprouts

1/2 avocado

Coffee w coconut milk

Will ck in later. PS the coconut milk in the coffee worked out OK...I had a can in the refrigerator from having made Thai curry and it didn't clump..no need to use Vitamix....guess cuz it was refrigerated and had separated

already.

post-25664-13701032210123_thumb.jpg

Welcome everyone!!! Woo hoo...can you believe day 1 is finally here (especially first time newbies like me)???

Could not sleep...too excited. Got up early and read day 1 newsletter. Here is my first official whole30 breakfast

Starting weight 166 lbs. won't weigh again til July 1...breaking the obsession with daily weighing. Goal 140-145 lbs per doctor.

Breakfast:

1 cup of blueberries

4 Brussels sprouts

1/2 avocado

Coffee w coconut milk

Will ck in later. PS the coconut milk in the coffee worked out OK...I had a can in the refrigerator from having made Thai curry and it didn't clump..no need to use Vitamix....guess cuz it was refrigerated and had separated

already.

Breakfast:

1 cup of blueberries

4 Brussels sprouts

1/2 avocado

Coffee w coconut milk

already.

Kelly,

Did you roast your brussel sprouts? Your breakfast looks very yummy!

Pam

Kelly,

Did you roast your brussel sprouts? Your breakfast looks very yummy!

Pam

Pam...I ad to smile when I read ur post because all I did was open a bag of trader joes Brussels sprouts, cut them in half nd stuck them in the microwave. Guess I could have roasted or put balsamic or olive oil or something, but I love Brussels sprouts plain....(:

I'm in! Posted my story in another forum if anyone cares to take a look. HollyBee, I can totally relate to what you said, "Terrified, unprepared, but going for it." For breakfast I had 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, a homemade turkey sausage patty, some strawberries, about 8 macadamia nuts and some green tea. I have absolutely no idea what's for lunch, and lunch is NOW.

Hi Everybody -

I'm in for June too :)

Terrified, unprepared, but going for it.

I'd be interested in finding other really fat folks who believe in size-acceptance, are doing this for health and not necessarily for a weight loss goal. I've been very fat since childhood, and I believe in loving your body no matter what. I'm a full believer in the "Health at Every Size" movement.

That being said, I think this is absolutely the best, healthiest way of eating there is, so I'm doing this to be kind to myself, not to whittle myself away! I've read the book and it seems the Whole30 philosophy is very compatible with the health at every size philosophy. I did a board search for HAES, and came up with nothing, so I'm using the acronym in case other HAES folks show up here and are looking for kindred spirits.

Now I'd better go make some eggs and head to Whole Foods!

Looking forward to the next month with y'all ~

Warmly,

Holly

Holly, what I hope is that my body settles to the weight it functions best at... whether that be 5lbs less or 5lbs more. I hope the same for you! I am tired of feeling out of sorts with the up and down weight based on the crap I eat! I want to eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. New concept, no? ~Pam

Lunch time crisis averted! I had an hour to take a shower and eat before I headed to work from 2-8pm. I do work at a health food co-op, but still many of the proteins are not Whole30 in the hot deli due to added gluten or dairy. So, I wanted to eat a big meal before I left and maybe just a piece of fruit on break with a few nuts?

I almost broke down and bought BBQ chicken at the store on the way home from the gym... telling myself I'd just peel off the wonderfully crispy looking skin. Yeah, right.

So, I bought some sliced flank steak instead and microwaved a sweet potato while I was in the shower. The steak and the potato (with about 1T ghee) have me quite full and ready to go! No picture since I didn't cook it myself. :)

I know my main demon is sugar, but yay me for not taking short cuts and making excuses for somehow making non-compliant food compliant!

Here's what I put on my refrigerator this morning...just a running list...I will cross off and add to...when I need an item I will add to grocery list, but this gives me a visual vs my staring into the refrigerator/freezing "looking" (: and reminds me what I currently have on hand...

post-25664-13701098726158_thumb.jpg

I averted my lunch crisis as well! Canned chicken, chopped celery, sliced almonds, cranberries, sea salt, pepper, and coconut oil made a decent chicken salad. Haven't made any of the olive oil mayo, that's why I used the coconut oil. Tastes pretty good, thankfully I'm not a super picky eater. I'll eat some baby carrots to get more veggies in.

Easy lunch idea:

ground beef, onion, oil and seasonings, brown

add diced carrots, chopped cabbage and seasonings

cook until veggies are softened

Nom Nom Paleo App

Went to the Farmer's Market, Whole Foods and Penzye's spice market today. I am ready for the week. All 21 meals already planned out and shopped for.

Here's what I put on my refrigerator this morning...just a running list...I will cross off and add to...when I need an item I will add to grocery list, but this gives me a visual vs my staring into the refrigerator/freezing "looking" (: and reminds me what I currently have on hand...

post-25664-13701098726158_thumb.jpg

DId you make your refrigerator list or find it on Whole 30?

Pam

Easy lunch idea:

ground beef, onion, oil and seasonings, brown

add diced carrots, chopped cabbage and seasonings

cook until veggies are softened

Nom Nom Paleo App

Went to the Farmer's Market, Whole Foods and Penzye's spice market today. I am ready for the week. All 21 meals already planned out and shopped for.

Woo hoo!great job

I need ideas for something else besides water to drink. I drink water with a lemon or lime, but am finding I am wanting something else. I drink Rooibos tea in the evening and am waiting for my package of Crio Bru to come in the mail. Any suggestions welcome.

Pam

I need ideas for something else besides water to drink. I drink water with a lemon or lime, but am finding I am wanting something else. I drink Rooibos tea in the evening and am waiting for my package of Crio Bru to come in the mail. Any suggestions welcome.

Pam

dont know...I need ideas too...I am used to lattes and also frappacinos and crystal light and mio (artificial sweeteners I can no longer have)

I got hooked on water when I did Take Shape For Life (Medifast). I prefer it room temp. I like it with lemon, but am too lazy to buy and squeeze/slice them. :D I have green tea in the morning and some kind of herbal at night. Have any of you considered having your tea iced? There are many yummy flavors of herbal tea that might be a great alternative to the Crystal Light, etc.

Archived