First Whole 30 down and 7lbs gone...I'm going to keep going!

FischerRo

Okay so I'm really on my 31st day of the Whole 30 and really like it and want to continue. I'm super happy about the 7lbs I've lost but really disappointed that I didn't loose more. Bear with me...There are 5 of us who did it together and as with every diet/challenge I do, I do it to the "T". The others not so much and they lost weigh more than me...damn thyroid, sometimes I just want to throw in the towel. I've decided to turn it into a whole 60 but I need some support & and a cheering squad.

Yours,

Excited & a bit bummed out at the same time.

• Moderators

How is losing 7 pounds in a month a bad thing?

I've been on W30 for nearly 2 months now and still haven't changed shape or lost a pound. But there are other positive effects that are immeasurable.

I think many of the success stories and reports of tiger blood are overblown. I've had to seriously recalibrate my expectations. And If I'd lost 7 pounds by now I'd be effing THRILLED!

I hate to see anyone not give themselves credit for the extraordinary achievement of completing a W30. Especially when there ARE extraordinary measurable results.

Let me second what LadyM just said. Especially this bit here:

I hate to see anyone not give themselves credit for the extraordinary achievement of completing a W30. Especially when there ARE extraordinary measurable results.

I just completed my first Whole 30 and I gained 2 pounds (100% compliance too, I might add). Own that 7 pound loss - you did great!

Maybe following the protocol will sort out your thyroid.
Did you take measurements and photos before? Or journaled? Try to compare yourself today to 30 days ago - have you noticed any positive changes?

Edit: fixed the word substitution

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate all of you taking the time to respond to me.  A special thanks to LadyM for this:

"I hate to see anyone not give themselves credit for the extraordinary achievement of completing a W30. Especially when there ARE extraordinary measurable results."

This really made me snap out of whatever took hold of me and made me your right it was an extraordinary achievement just in the completing of the W30 let alone the fact that I was down 7lbs.

You guys are great!

I haven't been able to lose more than half a lb for MONTHS. If I get on the scale tomorrow and i've lost 7lbs, I'm going to dance around my house!! Give yourself some credit! Fantastic job!!!

Archived